Hi from Fuquay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Hi, my name is Alex. I'm 11 years old and I have a interest in turning pens. I like to help my dad in the shop and 2 months ago, I got my fist lathe. And 1 1/2 months ago I started making pens. Just today, my dad and I went to Klingspors and met DaveO and Steve Coles and showed them a few of my pens. They were amazed and said that I should join North Carolina Woodworker. I said that I would and when I got home I joined right away. My dad (GeorgeL) has already posted some pictures of my pens but I'm sure I'll be posting more soon.

Alex

RayH

New User
Ray
Welcome Alex.

We are all looking forward to seeing more of your work. You probably met some of the master "turners" today. I'll bet you will be giving them a run for their money with your lathe work.:icon_thum

Sorry I missed you at Klingspors this morning.

RayH

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Alex, it was a pleasure to meet you this morning. You turn some fine looking pens, keep it up it's a fun and rewarding hobby. Let me know if I can ever give you any assistance, I'm just down the road from you.
Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Alex,

Welcome from the (now) second youngest person on here (I think). ;-) :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap At eleven years old you're already perfecting something I still have yet to try. :gar-shock A warm welcome to you and I can't wait to see some of your work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent​

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Alex,

I saw you with your dad over by DaveO today. Welcome to NCWW and keep on turning little brother !

JimmyC:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Alex,

I am glad that you and your dad can do things together like my son and I do. We enjoy woodworking together also.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Alex!!!

Boy oh boy, you are really doing well with that pen turning!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clapKeep up the good work and share some pictures of your work when you get a chance.

I haven't even tried turning a pen yet!!!!:violent1: Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Hope to get a chance to meet you and your dad one of these days. Maybe at this years picnic!

Take care and work safely!

Wayne

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Welcome Alex, it was a pleasure to meet you this morning. You turn some fine looking pens, keep it up it's a fun and rewarding hobby. Let me know if I can ever give you any assistance, I'm just down the road from you.

Hi dave,

Thanks for showing me how to finish a pen with ca glue. I tried my first time on a scrap of bubinga it turned out good but not as good as yours

Alex

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome Alex, glad you officially joined us. You're off to a great start with turning! Keep up the good work. Hope to meet you at the picnic.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hi dave,

Thanks for showing me how to finish a pen with ca glue. I tried my first time on a scrap of bubinga it turned out good but not as good as yours

Alex

My first time(s) didn't turn out so well either. It takes a little practice. Just remember you want to put on as little as possible to cover the whole piece.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Thanks for your advice. It's just like a finish. You have to put little at a time or its not a good pen.

Alex

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Alex - welcome to NCWW! I'm very glad you were at Klingspor today to assist Dave, he needed quite a bit of help :) :) Oh, and please make something really ugly and post it here, or you'll be putting all us [strike]adults [/strike]grownups to shame :rolf:

Outstanding work on your pens. :eusa_clap

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Alex,

Welcome to our pile-o-sawdust. I think it really terrific that you and your dad have a hobby that you can share. We're always happy when another woodworker joins us. I didn't get to Klingspor till later in the day so I didn't get to meet you but I'd love to see some of your pens.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Alex, glad you joined us. I saw you pen pixs and you should be proud :icon_thum

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hello Alex, like I said in the thread where you showed me up, [MOUSE]Welcome![/MOUSE]

I wish I had been as fortunate as you are to have a group like this for advice and encouragement when I was your age! Make sure to ask questions when you have them.

Keep up the good work and always keep challenging yourself! You'll be showing all of us some new tricks pretty soon!

Ed

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome, Alex! You do some nice work:eusa_danc.
Would you be willing to give me some lessons??? I need all the help I can get:slap:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS