Hi from a new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee8

New User
Lee
Hello folks, just wanted to say hi, I'm relatively new in the Asheville, NC area and am just starting to set up a home workshop. In fact, I'd like to buy a used workbench and good table-saw, in case anyone's upgrading and there are any out there.
I used to do custom fine furniture work and some wood turning in Boston and Jerusalem, but am doing hobby-type woodworking now. I'd like to try carving some green poplar dough bowls for starters.
Don't have any photos yet, but I'll post some as the workshop starts shaping up.
Love to hear from any of you, and I look forward to exploring the site,
Lee

RayH

New User
Ray
Welcome to the group known as the friendliest woodworking site on the web. You will find lots of friends here.

Ray

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Lee,

You're the second Lee to join us this afternoon. Welcome. Always good to have another woodworker join us.

Ray

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. :eusa_clap Glad to have you. :icon_thum Pictures we like pictures.

Danny

Lee8

New User
Lee
Thanks, guys! Appreciate the welcome. I'll get photos up soon.
Lee (AVL)
Don't know where the other Lee's from -

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome Lee. I hope you'll find this a friendly place. Just attended my first get together with some of the members in my area and it was a lot of fun. Keep an eye out for posts about people gathering in your area. I know there are quite a few of our members not far from you.

Will

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Lee!
We have a number of members in your area. If you would like to find members in your area: go to the Member List in the brown menu bar, then select Search Members, choose Advanced Search, and you can search by city, county, zip code, etc. Also there is a Western North Carolina Woodworkers Association and most of their members/officers are members here, too.

Look forward to your posts :icon_thum

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed
Glad to have you join us! I'd love to see some of your past work as well as current projects. Sounds like you'll be able to provide a lot of input here!

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Lee! There are many of us from this part of the state and we'd like to have you come visit our monthly group when you get a chance. I'm the Libraries Administrator here (we have both Link and Downloads) and we'd encourage you to set up a photo gallery with pics of your work and your shop. The monthly group? I'm also President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association (about 40 members) that meet once a month in the Asheville area to hear a speaker or participate in a demonstration of woodworking techniques. We'd love to have you join us and we'll add your name to our mailing list for upcoming events (we will meet next on March 15th). Glad you're here and we'll look forward to your inputs!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the friendliest WW site on the net. You will find a lot of friends and info here.

Tracy
:wsmile:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Lee, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums, and seeing some of your work, when you get some pics.

in case anyone's upgrading and there are any out there.
Lee
Around here there is dreaded disease affectionately referred to as WGD (Woodguy Disease) that causes members to spend large sums of money on bigger and better tools...yea, there is a lot of upgrading going on and some great deals to be had on the hand-me-downs. Check out the For Sale Classifieds.
See you around!

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Lee, welcome! As mentioned previously, you're the second Lee to join today, don't be the Lee that is last to post pictures! We'd love to see your completed projects, tools, spot where you're going to put that workbench and table saw etc.

In fact, just pull some random images off the web. We're not picky, as long as it's in color (ooohhh, shiny....)

:)

LeeNC

New User
Lee
I am in the Charlotte area. Cornelius to be specific. Welcome, even though I joined the same time you did.
Lee

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Lee!

After you find a table saw, I say you build yourself a workbench. :icon_thum Nice to meet you. Can't wait to see some of your work! ;-)

Trent

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome Lee....feels like I just typed that:rolf:.

This is a great site with lots of helpful folks. Don't hesitate to jump in!

Don't forget we like :camera::camera::camera:...did anyone say that yet?:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS