HF visit with LOML

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
For anyone who isn't sure about having your significant other involved with you in wood working, Here's my latest adventure~
LOML said we needed to go out this morning. We went by HF.
Found the 28 piece punch set I've heard about lately. I didn't have a sale coupon and looked through 3 flyers they had at the store and couldn't find one. That's okay, I need the set. She agreed that one saved pen pays for the set.
She found the caliper I saw on sale on line. Next to it for about 2 bucks more was a much better one (imho) that reads metric, decimal, and fractions. Then she reminded me that we ought to look for a metal detector. She went and asked some little fella that 'worked' there; he thought they carried them but didn't have a clue where. He looked it up and they have them, but they weren't where the computer said they were supposed to be (??). Finally found them and not a bad price. (I'm surprised how well the thing works!)
She found a moisture meter. I'm not sure how good it is. (for the price I'm skeptical). It seems to work and the readings seem pretty consistent. I just don't have anything to compare the readings to.
Oh yeah, the little fella that works there said print off the 'on line price' of the punches or anything else and they'll refund any difference.
Moral of the story?
I'd have gotten the punches and left.
With my 'shop partner' WE got some new toys!!!:icon_chee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS