HF Dovetail Jig $20 N Ral CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Fresh off CL not mine:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2132468749.html

Central Machinery Dovetail Fixture - $20 (North Raleigh)

Date: 2010-12-28, 10:27AM EST
Reply to: sale-vuva7-2132468749@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Central Machinery Dovetail Fixture. Brand new. Never used.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k03pc3lf5Y05T05X5acs63d6047eae391494.jpg

PostingID: 2132468749

manfre

New User
Manfre
I had one of those for a few days. The instructions were not very good and required a lot of scrap wood to figure out how to use it.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Yeah, kinda tricky if unfamiliar with DT's, but alot of members swear by them!

Dovetails are nice. This jig was not. I rarely need to do large batches of dovetails so the set up costs more time and scrap than using a protractor, bandsaw and chisel. Better quality jigs may reduce the trial and error approach of getting everything lined up properly. I returned the jig because I found that it didn't speed up my jointing. Anyone with the space to leave this set up all the time would probably find it to be very quick and helpful.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Matt, I bought one of those 6-8 years ago for the SAME price! Great little jig for drawers. I leave it setup for 1 router. BTW, Woodhaven wrote an excellent manual for these and later Grizzly put it on their website when they started selling them.

If you can't find the manual, I have a copy on one of these computers. The most important page is the chart for setting the back fence. Average WWr can be cutting DTs in 30 minutes or less. I like it more (may be the price differential, though) than the PC4210.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS