and
16.gif

Good for machine setup.

HTH.

Pinwu

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Heading that way over lunch to get it, and maybe the $7 turning set...to re-grind into tools that I need, if it's worth the $7 :eusa_thin

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Yep, that's an unbeatable deal! I've been using the HF base and indicator for over a year and love it. :icon_thum Just don't buy the moisture meter :BangHead:

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now you tell me about the moisture meter :eusa_doh: I bought it a while ago and it worked for a little while and then quit even after a battery change:BangHead:
HF is a dangerous place for me, I went in to save some money on the dial indicator and mag. base and walked out almost $90 poorer with almost 130 drill bits in tow...they just begged to come home with me :lol: :lol:

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
Usually HF is good at letting you return/replace stuff that is not working,
you may want to give it a try.

For that $7 turning set, I don't know. I have a HF wooden-handled chisel
set, it's cheap, but the chisels (especially the wider one -- 1") won't hold
an edge. They might be good candidate if I want to learn hardening them
myself.

Regards.

Pinwu

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt for the moisture meter, and had it for several months before I found out it was a dud...chalk it up as one of life's lessons. The $7 turning set was a joke, I wouldn't even get it to re-grind the skews into specialty scrapers :roll:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Dave,
You really have to push on it to get the switch to activate. Much more force than you think you need (or it will take). Touch it to a piece of metal and see if you get a reading w/a fresh battery and push the points into a piece of wet wood you know is not dry and see. There is a spring loaded switch inside that requires a fair amount of force. The CLT store manager gave me an inservice after I returned 3 of them.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I was just playing with mine, and it is exactly the same as what Lee Valley is showing :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS