HF circular saw blade sharpener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroupe

New User
Larry
Has any one used one of these " 120 volt circular saw blade sharpener sku# 96687" from Harbor freight.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Check the search function. I seem to remember an old thread here or maybe at woodnet. General impression was OK if my failing memory is working this morning. If you haven't cleaned your blades well you'll be surprized how much sharpness is left in them.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
It's a POS in my opinion. My sharpener uses a machine that cost close to $500,000 to sharpen my blades. I don't want my $80+ blades on a machine that costs less than they do. For sharpener, I recommend Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY (Dynamicsaw.com). Great work, fair prices and as close as the post office to my house. Put blades in flat rate box (less than $10), drop off at post office, call Dynamic with my credit card info, and about two weeks later blades that as sharp, if not sharper than new are dropped off by UPS guy. You can even order flat rate boxes online, print postage and arrange for pick up at your house, so you don't have to go to post office.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
It's a POS in my opinion. .

Yes, agreed...I wouldn't let that thing touch any of my blades. There was one on display at the Durham HF a while ago. Heck, I wouldn't sharpen a bush ax on that thing: Flimsy, actually the whole design was a joke. As with most HF tools, there are some gems, but this is definitely not one.

BTW, I did see there copy of a Kreg jig there. And that one was a gem: $39 on sale. All machined aluminum and very well done. I did buy it. Better than the Kreg imho.
Cheers,
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS