Hey there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestus

Kerry
Corporate Member
I've spent my last year on here mostly mining for info, and it's been a great help.

I got most of my woodworking experience from my dad, and put his shop to good use during the tech downturn in 2003. I spent a full 18 months laid off and made enough jewelry boxes to pay for Christmas. I'm 34, now with two kids, a decently tricked out garage shop, and never enough time. Though I write software during the week, I try to work with more tangible things in the evenings and weekends, like wood.

Here's my latest, finished lacquering today actually. I've yet to make it's mate, but that should be far easier than the first now that I have a template. (Now it needs doors and the granite top with sink.)

Kerry

vanity3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, even if it has taken you a while to say hello! You did a nice job on your vanity that I thought I'd insert a larger picture of it rather than the small one you had. It is a beautiful piece.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Kerry, welcome aboard. We're glad you found us and you'll find tons of knowledge and pictures here. Bonus points for including a pic in your first post. :icon_thum We look forward to more pics of your work and workshop.

Brian.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That's a great looking project Kerry. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site. :icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Kerry, welcome to the friendliest woodworking site anywhere. It is great to have you join us and that is a very nice looking piece.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Kerry, I'm glad you finally came out of lurk mode. You will only get out of this site and group what you put into it. So jump in with both feet. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing more pictures of your work.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
welcome aboard! great looking vanity there. All sorts of encouragement and answers are just a post away. I'm sure you've got a lot to add!

Dan

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Kerry to the best sawdust pile on the planet. Jump right in the dust is fine.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice into Kerry!
The vanity looks nice. But like Rob said, we could use a better picture :gar-Bi

Roger

Vestus

Kerry
Corporate Member
Can do. Here's the left and right sides in detail. Pardon the photography, bathroom lighting is difficult.

vanity-left.jpg

vanity-right.jpg

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hey, glad to have you on board!

You might wanna make some more and take them to the 2009 Vanity Fare..... budumpbump.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS