hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjdavis

New User
Ron
Hello out there. I live in Yadkinville, actually Courtney, where I have been a pastor for several years. I retired two years ago and now have a counseling practice in Yadkinville. I also do executive coaching with business managers and executives.

After an absence of 20+ years I am returning to wood turning. Practices have changed so much since I last did it that I am playing catch up. I am spending far too much money on new tools, gadgets, etc. Two years ago I saw my first pen and was facinated and enchanted. I turn on a Delta 46-111 lathe which I have had for 35+ years.

My wife, a retired teacher who has gone back into the classroom, and I have one daughter who is a minister on the staff of First Presbyterian in Greensboro and we have a six-year-old granddaughter who has both of us wrapped around her little finger.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Ron, thanks for the intro. I am glad to see another pen turner around here, and another person who has slipped into the financial vortex of the spinny things :lol: :lol: I would love to see some pictures of your work :icon_thum
Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome Ron! Always glad to have another woodworker. You'll find a lot of turners - some with little experience like myself, but more with more knowledge and experience. Enjoy the site.

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Welcome back to the hobby and to the forum.
I expect that aside from some of the obvious advancements in equipment, you will find turning to be very much like you knew it. So much depends on how the tools are presented to the wood and that kind of physics simply does not change.
I have some "current" (I love being current at my age) information on my site in the Woodturning section at the link below. There might be a thing or two in there that I expect will more refresh your memory than instruct.
Have fun but be safe first!
http://www.newwoodworker.com/turning/index.html

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Ron! We're glad to have you and really glad to welcome another turner. :eusa_danc

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Welcome Ron, I think you will enjoy this site every one is very friendly and helpfull. BTW, I'm an old Yadkin Co (Jonesville) boy myself but i've been down east for 42 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS