Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jphanes

New User
Joseph
Hi!, I hope everyone reading this is doing ok, and same for everyone not reading this! I decided to join this forum because I enjoy sculpting in wood. I like to watch The Woodwright's Shop on PBS and have started to get interested in incorporating different types of joints into my sculptures. I saw a recent episode where the host was showing some 3D wooden puzzles, I was thinking how awesome it would be to consruct one that was measured in feet instead of inches. I went to PBS.org only to find that their site is not well maintained and the links are bad for the plans for the puzzles. So I hunted around online to find some plans but got frustrated and ended up on this site. I'm looking forward to exchanging info and ideas about woodworking!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Joseph, I am glad that you joined us. I have seen some outstanding wood puzzles, there is a very talent puzzle maker in the Raleigh area that occasionally brings his work into the local Woodcraft. The precision in which they are constructed is unbelievable. I can't imagine making one, even understanding a plan on how to make one. I would think that it could be easier to make them on a larger scale, provided you use very stable wood, as a little swelling would be magnified on a larger piece.
I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing what you create.
Dave:)

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome Joseph! I hope you enjoy our group and feel free to join in by asking and answering.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Joseph! Sounds like some interesting challenges and fun projects! Be sure to take some pictures of your current work and shop and upload some pictures to a Photo Gallery -- around here, we love pictures as they are the proof of the pudding!

Happy to have you join us and hope we can help you with answers.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Joseph. We're glad to have you and I look forward to seeing your work. Especially your puzzles. :eusa_clap

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Joseph and welcome to the site!

There is a store on the Wilminton waterfront called Barokes that has some amazing wooden puzzles. I have to try and figure them out every time I go into the store.

I wish you luck because they are very intriguing.

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome! 3D wooden puzzles certainly do sound like a challenge. I'll keep my eyes open for patterns. Enjoy the group!

dozer

Mike
Welcome Joseph, I would like to see some pictures of the sculptures that you have made.

kbcrafter

New User
Kevin
Welcome aboard, Joseph, We even have woodcarvers way out here in Western NC too. Glad to see you here.
Kevin

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome Joseph. I like the puzzles (looking not carving), way to tiedious looking for me to attempt.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Joseph! NCWWer is a great exchange for woodworking info of all types. Hope you find what you want here and contribute also :icon_thum

Roger

jphanes

New User
Joseph
Hi! Thanks for the great welcome! I'll try to get some images of my sculptures posted soon, maybe this weekend. In the meantime I'm still doing research on puzzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS