Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeNC

New User
Lee
First, a little about my woodworking.
I am a relative novice to woodworking. Most of my time so far has been casework for storage in the garage and a workbench. My current project is a platform bed for my youngest son. I have built more jigs than I have projects so far. It is the engineer in me. Between my other two hobbies, volleyball and cooking, a family and a house it seems that there is only limited time in my life right now for woodworking. But that is ok. I am enjoying learning more about woodworking from books and lurking around here and WoodNet.

More about me.
I live in the Cornelius, NC. I am married and we have two boys ages 3 and 5. I am an engineer. I went to FSU :eek:ccasion1for undergrad and USC:eusa_danc (here on the Ease Coast) for my masters.

I never cease to be amazed at the generosity of people on these forums with both their knowledge and time to help out a fellow woodworker. :eusa_clap

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome, great bunch of folks here, as you have probably heard pics are VERY popular. Personally I would like to see your garage casework since I am currently furnishing my garage/workshop :wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Lee,

Glad to have you. I'm pretty new here too and also relatively new to woodworking. To me that is very interesting that you've spent most of your time building jigs so far. I've pretty much done the opposite. I started with a handsaw with miter box and a power drill and have gradually worked up and bought whatever tools I needed (could afford) for each subsequent project. Up to this point it has been one big learning experience and I have a feeling there is no end in sight. ;-) Anyway, this is definitely a great group. Glad to have you and I can't wait to see some of your work. :eusa_clap

Trent

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the NCWWer.:eusa_clap Glad to have you join us.:icon_thum Pictures we must have pictures.

Pictures of shop, tools, projects, and you.:rotflm:

Danny

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Lee,

Welcome to the best sawdust pile anywhere on the net. Doesn't really mater whether you're building projects or jigs... long as you're building... and having fun.

Ray

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Welcome, Lee. You've found a great place to share problems, answers and projects! There are lots of good people around here. the "LOTS" part means there will be very little you can ask that someone hasn't already run into and has a real-world answer for!

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Yes by all means welcome to the group.
I envy folks that have an engineering type mind.
I am in need of some jigs but for some reason they escape the way by brain functions. ( did that make sense?):gar-La;

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Hey Lee! Welcome to NCWW. The people are friendly, the knowledge is plentiful and so are the jokes. :wwink:

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work (PICS PICS PICS) ... as I haven't built any jigs yet - still new to woodworking, I look forward to learning from you.

Will

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Lee, and welcome to NCWWer :icon_thum
I, too, am engineering and woodworker challenged. :nah:
Just makes me prouder when I succeed :icon_chee

Also great to have another vb player on board. I've been playing spring to fall on Wednesday nites for almost 20 years :eusa_danc

cya,
Roger

LeeNC

New User
Lee
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I will snap a few pics this evening and most likely post tomorrow after I read the threads on how to post them.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Welcome Lee. I guess I'll vote to let someone from that 'girl's school' in Tallahattchi in.

GO GATORS

George

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hello Lee! Glad you've found our little corner of the world. There's quite a group in the area and we do like to get together every once in a while! There's a group getting together on the 8th of next month for lunch before descending on the woodworking show. See this thread.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
welcome to the friendliest ww forum on the net!!! I too am new here and plan on spending a lot of time here. 3:30 AM this morning to be exact. Sucks when you cannot sleep, but at least I have a friendly informative place to go now, Again welcome

Tracy
:wsmile:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Lee, and Hello! too :hello2: I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some pictures of your work. See you around!

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors