Hello - Novice woodturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

xebec

New User
Paul
Hello everyone. My name is Paul and I am a novice woodturner. I recently retired and built a woodworking shop in my basenment. Something I have always wanted to do but never had the time. I want to do segmented turning and eventually do some marquetry.

Just joined the site and getting aquainted with it. I will try to find a picture and post it soon.

Looking forward to talking with some of you.

Cheers for now,

Paul

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Hi Paul,

Welcome to our site! We'd love to see any pics of your work and your new shop. :icon_thum

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey Paul, glad you joined us. There are several members that are quite accomplished in the art of segmented turnings and marquerty....I am not one of them :crybaby2: :crybaby2: But if you ever have a question, please post it and I am sure that you will be advised well. I look forward to your input in the forums....and seeing you around these parts :-D
Dave:)

dozer

Mike
Hi Paul, Welcome to the best woodworking site around, There are several turners on the site. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

gsdoby

New User
Gary
Welcome to the site. As another novice turner I can tell you this is a good source for info.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome fellow turner. I have just begun turning and doing some segmented work. I found this link has a lot of information on segmented turning http://www.segmentedturning.com/index.html. Also check out the download library for a world of good information on turning. As stated we love pictures so post if you have any :icon_thum

PeterO

New User
Peter
Welcome - looks like we are in the same boat. Good to meet you and look forward to sharing our paths...

Peter

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Paul, to the bestest woodworking forum. Great bunch here. If you are into segmented turning, the following site has a guy named Ian that frequents it who is very accomplished at it, and I think has a tutorial posted.

Tool Info Forum :: Index

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Paul!
NCWWer is a great resource for an amazing variety of woodworkers and a great way to meet fellow sawdust makers. :)

In fact, you, PeterO, and whomever should plan a get together with Nick (NZAPP1). Sanford isn't far from Apex and Nick is a bit modest about his segmented bowl skills. Heck, you might even get Steve Coles and master turner tutor Big Mike to join you :eusa_thin

Enjoy,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS