Hello from New Bern

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

New User
DaveH
I have been like a lot of first timers here, lurking for some time but never seemed to jump in. I am an accountant by day and a woodworker, dad, husband, coach, etc. by night (not always in that order). I am currently in the process of building a mission style bed out of black walnut that has been in my wife's family well over 30 years. It has a great story and my father-in-law has been tickled to see his black walnut put to good use. Thank you for a great website and all the great members that make everyone feel so welcome.

DaveH

fergy

New User
Fergy
Welcome, Dave. Please post pics of that bed in progress when you get a chance. That's Project #3 on my list right now.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Welcome Dave-glad to have you on board :icon_thum- looking forward to seeing those pictures of the 30 year old BW and the bed that will be made out of it - if you have any questions just ask and someone will jump in and help you out

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome on board Dave! Great to have you join our merry band of woodworkers! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Hi Dave,

Welcome. I'm not too far away from you, down in Morehead. I'm anxious to see your bed project as it progresses. There is certainly a lot of friendly help available here, so don't hesitate to ask questions.

Matt

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome Dave!

You've found the best group of saw dust sniffin' folks on the web.

So a mission style bed out of black walnut huh? We need pics!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Dave!
Glad you decided to bring your expertise out into the open :icon_thum
We appreciate active members that add to the collective wisdom.

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Dave!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I too am looking forward to seeing some pictures of the new walnut bed.

Have fun and enjoy all of the helpful expertise here, just for the asking.

Wayne

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Howdy Dave and welcome to this great site.Do a search in the gallery for black walnut.There has been some good looking projects here.I live Down East from you.Tony

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Dave, I am glad you could join us. I am happy to see anouther Dave around here. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pics of your work.
Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Dave. We got a lot of Daves around here. Glad you could join us. There is always room for another Dave.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWWer, Dave. We're glad to have you join us. Looking forward to SEEING the progress on your BW bed. Did anyone mention PICTURES???:gar-La;

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Dave. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Please post some pictures of that bed as soon as you can. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

DaveH

New User
DaveH
Thanks for the welcome guys/gals. I have been busy setting up my photo gallery because I know we all like pictures. Regarding the black walnut bed, I had every intention of documenting the process through photos. However, I got so busy with the actual construction I failed to take as many pictures as I would have liked. I posted a couple in my gallery of the leg glue up and drilling for the mortises. The bed is practically done but the finishing process has been very slow. I have been using equal parts of BLO, Poly and Mineral Spirits. With the temperature and humidity it has taken a long time to dry in between coats. I will get updated pictures shortly. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting some of you folks.
DaveH

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Hello and welcome to the site. It is nice to have more wwers out here on the coast. I am in Trenton and am glad you found the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS