Hello from Columbia, SC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjalert

New User
Jason
Hi All,

I'm a newbie woodworker in Columbia, SC, and I found this site while looking for some local woodworking groups. I see that there are lots of talented and knowledgeable individuals on these forums, so hopefully I can learn a few things, improve my skills, and share some great photos down the road. :)

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

-Jason

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hello Jason
Glad you found us!
This is a diverse and knowledgeable group. Jump in when and where you can.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Jason. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad that you found us. This is a great group of folks. Feel free to jump right in. :icon_thum

ehpoole

Ethan
A warm welcome from Anderson, SC. You could not have stumbled upon a friendlier and more talented group. Now that you have introduced yourself you are going to discover that photos reign supreme around these parts -- photos of your projects, your shop, etc.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Jason!:icon_cheers

Have fun, post often and enjoy all of the great fun shared by us all here at NCWW.

Wayne

reprosser

New User
Rick
Hi Jason,

I'm not too far away, just northeast of Camden. Maybe we can have a Midlands shop crawl one day!

Hi Jason and welcome.

I grew up in Columbia, lived in Lexington, and recently moved to Pelion. Visit Irmo on occasion. My wife taught @ Irmo HS a while back.

rick

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Welcome! I live in Lexington - just outside Columbia. Have you visited the hardwood dealer kind of south of the airport? I think he is only open afternoons. Better prices from the sponsors and others you will here of here but the local guy is a lot cheaper than the big box stores. The local guy is in the phone book.

Jim

jjalert

New User
Jason
Thank you all for the welcome!!

Jim -- Nope, sure haven't. Do you remember the name? I'll probably be running up to Asheville for any large loads, but it would be nice to have someone local for smaller purchases.

Thanks,
Jason

T

toolferone

Welcome aboard!
If you have not found them yet, look up and check out Mann Tool in Columbia. They are a great woodworking store. I know they have a wood turning group that meets there, but not sure about regular WW. Either way tell the that Tom from Freud set you. They are great folks.

reprosser

New User
Rick
The Palmetto Woodturners are meeting at Mann Tool tomorrow (Sat) at 9:00.
Come by and say hello! (We do flatwork too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS