Heads up - System may be coming down tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Update - 16:45 2/19/2005
As you are probably aware, the subscription notification email are not being received. While I have no details, it appears that this is just the tip of a larger problem.

They would like to move all my sites to another server. I am waiting for details now.

It is possible that the system will be going done later today to make that move. I will ley you know as soon as possible.

Things are getting more complicated. In conjunction with my hoster, I've decided to go to dedicated server. This way we'll no longer be at the mercy of the other sites that currently share our server and some other issues which is best left unstated for security reasons. The problem is that I am not going to have a lot of warning. Once he gives me the go ahead, the site will come down immediately and will not come back until the site(s) are moved and checked out and the domain propigates through net. Even then there will probably be some problems for a few more days just because there always is.

FYI, the earliest I see the site going down is late this evening and the latest tomorrow night.

In addition, the much delayed moving of ncwoodworker.net and coles.us email is going to happened starting shortly.

I am sorry for this inconvience, but I am sure the end result will be a better perfroming site and less disruptions (once everything settles down)

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, that sucks! but I am sure the change will make everything run smoother. Thanks Steve for your continuing work to improve this site.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang Steve, it seems your workload never eases, only increases :-?

We'll be just fine. Take it easy Papa and thanks as always :mrgreen:

Sapwood

cskipper

Cathy
Thanks for being on top of it.

I don't know if this is related - but when I tried to post this reply the first time I got a message about not being to find the link for the reply. I, of course, went past it without copying the actual message. When I typed it again and submitted the reply it went as usual.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cskipper said:
Thanks for being on top of it.

I don't know if this is related - but when I tried to post this reply the first time I got a message about not being to find the link for the reply. I, of course, went past it without copying the actual message. When I typed it again and submitted the reply it went as usual.

Shouldn't be realted. But the database may be a bit overloaded. They are moving a lot of the tenants of my machine to another today:roll:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
All done, 1 or 2 minor issues but the system is up and seems to both stable and running faster?????

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So far so good, and the few bugs will work themselves out in time. Pretty smooth transition:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS