Hat's Off to Anchor Hardwoods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Last week my brother in law (visiting from Canada) and I had the opportunity to pay a visit to the new Anchor Hardwoods store in N. Raleigh. I needed about 50 bdft of clear cypress to put together a couple of Adirondack chairs for my second oldest daughter’s new home.

I must say that the manager (Don Baker) and a nice young lady – Harmony, made our visit a pleasurable one. :eusa_dancDon and all of the staff showed us around, had some great woodworking conversation, were treated to some great wood at a very fair price, assistance in loading and received our NCWW DQ prices to boot!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Working with this cypress (a 1st for me) was truly a pleasure. After planing all of wood, there were only two small knots in the whole bundle!

Here is pic of the completed chairs (albeit the finish). From what I have read about cypress, they should stand up pretty well under the NC elements.

Web_100_3445_600.jpg

Again. Thanks to Don and the staff at Anchor Hardwoods for such a great experience. Nice to know that there is yet another source for good wood close to home!

Wayne

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wayne, thanks for starting this thread. :notworthy: I was in town and stopped to see Don and crew on Monday. They are still in the process of setting up but they already have a good selection. The prices were reasonable even with out our DQ and super with our DQ. Their service was outstanding. :eusa_clap I highly recommend a visit.

There sign is a bit small. If you have a problem finding them they are located in the Kennedy Space Center. No not in FL but on Old Wake Forest Road.

BTW I left with a super pc of soft maple.

T

toolferone

What is their address?

bobby g

6716 Old Wake Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27616
(919) 790-9449

I was home all week, I wish I had known they were there. I look forward to visiting them next weekend as I live less then 5 miles from there.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Great looking chairs Wayne! I'd like to build a set. Where can I pickup the plans?

Thanks,
Kettrell

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Wayne,

Those are very nice and they'll be a welcome addition to the new deck. +1 to cypress being a pleasure to work with. The wood holds up well to the elements and weathers naturally to a pewter gray if you like that look and absolutely zero maintenance. :dontknow:

Anchor Hardwoods now has their website up and running, but it'd be nice if they'd post their $/bf prices for comparison with, say, The Hardwood Store.

http://anchorhardwoods.com/

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice job on the chairs!:icon_thum I have that same template set. They are comfortable too!! I work almost entirely with cypress. It's my favorite wood! :wsmile:

dr50

New User
Don
Nice looking chairs. They look very comfortable. I have been trying to build a set all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS