Hardware / screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blues

New User
john
Looking for some "nice" screws. Solid / flathead? something that looks better than a zinc phillips
to hold my cleat on the underside of the bed...?

nelsone

New User
Ed
Jamestown Distributors is a marine supply house. They will have brass, bronze, stainless, copper rivets and roves, etc... Worth checking out.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Another vote here for McFeely's. You might also check out Lee Valley, they have a lot of decorative screws and hardware.

Travis

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
Finding slotted screws is a bit challenging nowadays. I hunt and peck through a local industrial supply for the slotted screws. Usually they are plated in which case I throw them in some muriatic acid for a minute and then some gun bluing.

Stephen

cpowell

New User
Chuck
John,

If the screws will be hidden, then I really like these from McFeely's. http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/0811-WAL/Round-Washer-ProMaster-Saw-Tooth-Dry-Lube-Screws

The saw tooth design cuts the threads very well. They allow a very good bite with virtually zero chance of splitting, square head design. I get the dry lube style with washer head. These are NOT Kreg's. They are a much improved design over the Kreg screws.

I don't like screws and use them only when it makes sense - securing table tops and the like. The McFeely screws are what I use.

If the screws are visible or I'm going for a certain period look then I will use brass or decorative screws. :gar-Bi

BORG zinc screws just plain stink.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS