Happy Thanksgiving Maloof Style-part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
1st off :

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!

My goal for Thanksgiving was to get the chair completely glued together so that I could take it down to Fla. with me so my family could all rock in it without clamps.

I had to get the crest rail glued in 1st:

Then I had to shape the rocker-to-chair transitions before gluing the rockers on:

Then I had to make new dowels and glue the rockers in (this occurred last night between PM and AM -burning the midnight oil! :wwink:)

And this morning, the chair is completely glued together and I'm happy to say it actually works-the rock is smooth, I didn't break anything while building it, and it might actually look alright once I finish it. I'm just happy it's finally together-these glue-ups have been mighty stressful.
Now I'll pack it up and take 'er down to Fla. When I get back I'll finish shaping the transitions I didn't get to, finish sand, and rub on some Deft oil.

Thanks all and have a safe holiday.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Congrats on the chair Mike. Better not get into that turkey before you all start rocking in that chair:gar-La;. Have a safe trip and a happy turkey day to all!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Michael, very impressive! That chair is going to make some impression, don't forget to gloat :)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I think you might have set a record for student chair assembly!!!

Looks great - Good job :icon_thum

pete

JohnW

New User
John
Mike...I'm concerned about what the HOT & HUMID Florida weather might do to all those beautiful joints.

You are welcome to leave that rocker at my house for a few days over Thanksgiving. I'll have a little "grand visitor" and would put the rocking motion to good use. :wink_smil

I've enjoyed all the progress reports.....Enjoy your holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS