Hand wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
This is very similar to what Bruce gave to me. It works surprisingly well. Just keep some grease on those threads. I neglected this and my old one locked up hard (which is why I needed Bruce's help in the first place :)).
Salem

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
depending on what saw...... a normal delta 14" or clone of that saw uses a simple threaded rod with a knob. unfortunately they made the threaded rod too short. cut some allthread long enough to get the knob above the top wheel cover and it works much better. no more busted knuckles.:gar-Bi common Joe you are the jig master. show us!:rotflm:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Joe, I have a couple of cast iron wheels from ENCO in my repository of junk. I'll be glad to "lend you one," and when ENCO drops them on sale again we can replace it. If it ain't on sale, it's too expensive. They usually go on sale a couple times a year. Or I could lend you one off my "spare" band saw. Give me a call, Bruce

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Bruce....best offer I've had today!
Which spare are you thinking of? The ones in the back or hopefully, the ones in front!
Let me when you've got time.
Joe

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
It would, but I'm not paying $140.00 for one!:no:

I disapointed in you! You are the king of creating shopmade improvements. There are some nice homemade lever blade tensioning rigs out in the web world I'm sure you could inprove on.

Dan did attach a heavy 8" cast iron/chrome finished handwheel for me on to an Acme rod for a workbench project in process. Very cheap, high quality from Grizzly.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I can't wait to see what you are doing with ACME thread and a hand wheel :). I have been lusting after benchcrafted hardware. Maybe you are making a leg vise?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I can't wait to see what you are doing with ACME thread and a hand wheel :). I have been lusting after benchcrafted hardware. Maybe you are making a leg vise?

Yep I'm plagarizing Jameel's leg vise. It's "in progress". That's all I'm saying. I've got a couple of projects waiting before I can get to it but I have everything I'll need for the assembly of my 21'st Century Workbench with a twist thanks to Dan for the Machine Shop work and Dino Maiorano for the Acetal bearing material.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
It seems that Enco has Keystone acme threaded rod and nuts in almost every months sales flyer. Recently (in the last five years), ShopNotes did a tool stand using acme threaded rod. They used a bench grinder and a jig to turn it down to size to fit handles. They basically ground away the threads where the handle attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS