hand plane joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I picked up a CHEAP bench plane from lowes, just to see if I could still use one:eusa_thin
Took it home and sharpned and honned the blade, took a 5' long pice of 4/4 cherry with a saw mill edge and in just 1 min. I had a smooth flat jointable edge:lol::lol::lol:
Gosh I had forget what a joy it is to use one, now I just hope it dont lead to more tools:cry:
My wife just hide the ultimate hand tool junkie catalog:crybaby2:(the japan woodworker catalog)

jglord

New User
John
There is another problem I and others I know have experienced. It stems from the joy of the sights, sounds and feel of using a plane you have worked hard to tune to perfection and you're getting those perfect lacy curls of wood. Before you know it, you've got a significant pile of shavings and have lost half an inch of wood.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
You know that "hiding or disposing" of tool catalogs according to lawyers is the best grounds for DIVORCE!!!!!!! Just start "hiding" her Belk, Penney's, etc. catalogs.
Jim in Mayberry.

But you are right, there is no better feeling that using a hand plane that is well tuned and sharp. I love my Bailey No. 3 I guess more than any other. Next would be my two low-angle block planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors