Guest who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max1013

New User
AJ
Guest who. Yep another new member. I'm 39 live in New Bern. Finishing up my 20 year hitch in the Military and possible doing wood working full time in a few years. So all help and ideals will be put to good use. Also just finish rebuilding a 34-450 Unisaw just waiting on the fence to come in T2.

AJ:gar-La;

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, AJ. Glad you found us. And thank you very much for serving our country. Much appreciated. :eusa_clap
Bill

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome and thank you for your service. I sleep quite well at night knowing you folks are out there. Ask all the questions you want, we will try to answer

Max1013

New User
AJ
Ok first question. Wood where the best place to buy? There has to be a better place than lowes. Looking for walnut, oak, well most hard woods. lowes only has oak. I should add I done have a planner yet so rough saw kind of out of the question. Also pic of the Unisaw on the way just to cold in the shop. Brrrr noT going out there.

AJ

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello AJ andd welcome to the site. I also thank you for your service.

OK, first answer! I think there's a place in Jacksonville but I don't remember the name. However, Anchor hardwoods http://anchorhardwoods.com/ is an hour longer and I know they will mill your lumber.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
AJ,

Welcome to the site and thank you for your service.

We really love pictures. These can be pictures of projects, works in progress, tools, shop, shop buddies, etc.

You asked about wood. We have a list of sawyers. Go to the articles section at the top of the page. Then select "Where in NC can I find?" on the right. Hopefully, you will find someone on this list that can help you.

We have a new member chat tomorrow night (Thursday) at 8:00 pm. I hope you can join us. You will be able to find out some of the benefits of membership, get immediate answers to your questions, and find other members who share your specific interest in woodworking.

Steve

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey there A J! Glad you joined us! I'm with you on the too cold to go out to the shop remark!

Thanks for your service:eusa_clap

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

There are several suppliers that will ship hardwoods to you and can mill the lumber for you, but that can get pricey depending on distance. I'm pretty sure one of our advertisers, The Hardware Store will ship within the state and I've had some luck using Bell Forest Products. They specialize in highly figured wood.

If you get up to Raleigh there are a number of alternatives in this area.

- Ken.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW, AJ. Lots of good ideas on here, and I am always glad to offer half-baked notions. :D

Max1013

New User
AJ
Well got her fig out this morning. I post some pic of my new old saw. She came with no fence so I'm still waiting on Paypal to release the money for it. This will be the last time I use paypal.

Bryan S

Bryan
Good deal, :icon_thum glad you go it figured out. Now you do know that you are required to post pics as a gloat in the power tools forum. :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS