Grizzly vs Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbohno

New User
Rich
Jet has a sale going on right now till I believe 3/10 for 15% off.

Is Jet worth the extra $$$$ two examples when compared to Grizzly

Grizzly G1023RLX .....................$1675
Jet 708675 Xactasaw Deluxe ......$2082 sale price

Planer
Grizzly G0453 ..........................$1275
Jet 708538 JWP-15DX ...............$1691

Bandsaw
Grizzly G0555LX........................$ 604
Shop Fox W1706 .....................$ 583.20 ( sale price till Saturday)

SubGuy

New User
Zach
I have the Jet JTAS XL10, 10" 3HP 220V saw. It has the XACTA Fence on it. I love it and would not trade it for any comparable saw. I have very little experience with the Grizzly saw, but I would almost guarantee you'd love the JET!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can't speak to table saws (I have a SawStop) but almost all of my other major equipment (except the drum sander) is Grizzly. Planer, Jointer (both with spirals) Band Saw, Belt Sander/Disc Sander combo, Oscillating Spindle Sander, and wet grinder are all Grizzly. Just no price/value comparison with others. Oh, I do have a PowerMatic bench Mortiser, no better bench model around.

Grizzly might be manufactured overseas but is a US company. I'm not sure about Jet. Some of their products appear to be made in the same factory as Grizzly, but overall I find the Griz machines a better value. It might just be me but I am a Grizzly fan and am not a Jet fan. My reasons are mostly subjective such as the look and features that I value. An example being cast iron infeed/outfeed tables on the Griz 15" planer and rollers on the Jet. Rollers are dangerous in my opinion.

That could change depending on new products and prices. Haven't made a lot of comparisons lately as I'm not in the market for anything but a larger lathe.

Having said that I just ordered a few Jet Clamps - they are even better than Bessey in my opinion.

Just my opinion - YMMV.

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
I always wanted the Delta Unisaw. Wound up getting a deal I could not pass on a Jet Xactasaw. I could not ask for a better saw. Sometimes I go in the shop, pull up my chair and just lean against my Jet. Love it.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I had a G0691. Nice saw! No complaints really. I also own a jet air cleaner, bandsaw and lathe. Both work well for me. In terms of quality I don't see a huge difference between the brands.
The one time I needed service (jet air cleaner randomly making noise) jet support was helpful and fast. I never needed support from grizzly so I can't compare.
Salem

DWSmith

New User
David

I have a shop full of Grizzly tools so I have some opinions. The G0512 edge sander is a POS! The working table is impossible to square to the belt and is equally as inpossible to remain square to the belt during use. It moves around and the attachment isn't sufficient enough to keep it steady. If you are looking for a Grizzly edge sander, the G0563 and G0564 are far superior.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
have quite a few grizzly tools here. I have the 1023 with a Jet fence and it works fantastic......I have heard many times most of this identical tuff is made in the same factory. Dosen't make sense to spend more just for a name

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I agree, it does say that , however I have a near identical machine, albeit a little older, and it doesn not oscillate. Its strange I searched that model number and they all say it does oscillate, but I cant imagine how.

I stand corrected, this is in fact different than the one I have!. It does oscillate (although not as much as true "osciallting edge sanders do, but it does) I spoke too soon!.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I have found that most of the Jet equipment is comparable in quality to Grizzly's Z Series and extreme duty products, although some of the Extreme Duty machines are heavier duty than the Jet. Usually the Grizzly is a better value though. I think that Jet is superior to Grizzly's basic machines. The G0564 is an outstanding oscillating edge sander; the smaller Grizzly's are not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS