Greetings from the Old New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaf2376

New User
Jeff
Well I have been hanging around the site for about 8 months and thought I should introduce myself. I am Jeff Shafer and for the past 22 years I have lived here in Mooresville, NC. I know you all like pictures so here are my last two offerings. I need to add two Thanks at this point. First to my wife Vicki for her support, advice, encouragement and allowing to spend the money for these. Next to Rick Dinardo of The WoodWorking source for convincing my that this was the wood for the project and then for taking some pictures for me. Okay now for the pictures
DSC_0966.JPG

View image in gallery

and the sister project
Thanks for looking.

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for introducing yourself and the chair pictures Jeff. Apparently you are not one to be intimidated by a challenging project. The chair looks great. :wsmile:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the team. Thanks for sharing the pics of those fantastic rockers.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Jeff. The chairs and the wood selection are beautiful. That maple really stands out. How did you finish it?

Bill

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Jeff,
Welcome to the site ,and you know I'd swear that I had seen that chair somewhere before.... The chair is gorgeous and seeing it up close really shows the job that you did on it.Great choice in material and fabulous execution. See you again soon,
Greg

Hope you took the wife out.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Jeff!:eusa_clap

That is one beautiful looking chair there.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Your photography skills are excellent as well.

We all really enjoy looking project pictures and you have really shone in this area already, Thanks

Looking forward to seeing more of your work and reading your posts.

Wayne

shaf2376

New User
Jeff
Thanks Bill. The finish is two parts. The first is even parts of tung oil, linseed oil and urethane. the second is tung oil, linseed oil and beeswax. The chair is also sanded with a 10 step process starting with 80 grit and finishing with 4000. I also generally add a wet sanding on the second coat with either 500 or 1000 depending on how much the grain raised.

shaf2376

New User
Jeff
Greg I'm glad you got to see it in person. The wife did not want lunch but we did end up at DQ. If I get the chair sold, I'll take her to Ruth's Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS