Great walking bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I was making a segmented turning about 1/3 of it on the lathe 9" long and 10" in dia jatoba rings turning the inside at 1023 RPM'S , taking light cuts getting it smooth.
When I got distracted for just an instant, got a good catch it come loose bounced off the lathe then the router table hit the floor and walked to the end of the shop a slammed the tool box:kamahlitu
It didnt break the turnning at all guess my glue joints are ok and the last ring was glued on only 20 mins. befor that happened.

I hadnt decided what to name it before but now it just might be called "Walking bowl"

walking_bowl.jpg

Bet it not going to come off again

walking_bowl2.jpg

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I'd be calling it "skid marks" if you know what I mean, but then I'm not big on getting up close and personal with something spinning real fast. :eek::eek:

Glad you dodged the bullet (you did, didn't you?)

Go

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Earl, Glad to hear you didn't hurt the bowl or yourself. It sure gives you weak feeling in the gut when you get a major catch, huh? I have finally learned to run the lathe drive belt slightly loose. If I get a catch I'd rather hear a little squeal than a bang, clunk, &$%#@*. It has saved me a couple of bowls.
The bowl you are working on is looking good. Gald to see you've got the new lathe running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors