Grape Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I recently made a grape crusher and press. My son makes a little homemade wine and my wife makes grape jelly so we needed a better way to get the grapes crushed/pressed. We borrowed a friends press and crusher and I used it as a guide. I didn't make mine just like his. I tried to improve on some things to make the job easier.

The crusher has an adjustable throat to accomadate different size fruit. We hope we can also use it to crush fresh apples when my trees start producing apples.

DSC05257.JPG

I also built a catch bin that the crusher sets on. The bin will catch all the fruit and the juice will drain through the SS grill setting in the bin leaving the pulp on the grill.

DSC05268.JPG

This is the press. The large screw is ran up and down with a drill and once it comes in contact with the fruit we switch to a socket wrench to get the torque to press the grapes, etc. The drill makes it really quick to get the press plate off the fruit after each pressing.

DSC05325.JPG

The bottom of the press has adjustable feet on the rear to tilt the press so the juice will run out the slot in front into a bucket. My son did the metal work (he welds I don't).

skeeter

New User
Charles
Good job Dolan. Workmanship is great, as usual. Build a couple more and you can put some competition on Duplin winery!!!

Oh yea, if your son needs a sampler, just let me know.

T

toolferone

Wow, really really nice work and very cool too!! I would love to see some in action picture too.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
So That's what they are supposed to look like!! When I was a kid, my ol' man's idea was his 4 kids in a galvanized wash tub!! (Worked, tho, cause he made some good wine). The pulp was then dumped into a hop sack and the remainder of the juice squeezed out. (At least that's how I remember it after 50+ years).

Stellar work on both you and you son's part!

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS