GotWood - New Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dave,

I thought you might be referring to an "Alaskan Chainsaw mill" but wasn't sure. Thanks for the Granberg link. That's a solid looking product. 'course my 18" Stihl wouldn't come close to powering it :lol:

Roger

J

jeff...

Dave,

I thought you might be referring to an "Alaskan Chainsaw mill" but wasn't sure. Thanks for the Granberg link. That's a solid looking product. 'course my 18" Stihl wouldn't come close to powering it :lol:

Roger

Mine either, I have a cheep-o pulin with a 20" bar. I must say it's pretty tough though - it's been ran over with a pickup truck twice 8-O. As long as I keep the chain good a sharp, it cuts pretty good. Lots of fun sharpening chain with a round file, but it workes.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Mine either, I have a cheep-o pulin with a 20" bar. I must say it's pretty tough though - it's been ran over with a pickup truck twice 8-O. As long as I keep the chain good a sharp, it cuts pretty good. Lots of fun sharpening chain with a round file, but it workes.

Jeff,
One of the few skill sets I have mastered is sharpening chainsaws. Chuck appropriately sized grinding bit in a rotary tool (Dremel in my case), lightly grind until the tooth shines, and your are ready to make sawdust. It's quick and easy. You can get the stones/bits in sets of three at local Borg. :)

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors