got some logs cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricS

Eric
Senior User
I finally had the time to cut some logs to be sawn for my shop floor. I ended up felling an old pine on my property.It was about 65 years old with a 25" diameter at the butt.I also cut a few cherries and an old birch that is not native but has been growing for quite awhile. I was going to cut a few more trees but I decided to not get greedy and leave the other mammoth pines(27-29" at the butt) for the next generation. The loggers next door are cutting down 200 acres of timber and Ive been keeping an eye on their equipment so they gave me two huge white oak butt logs. I will have these quarter sawn. I do have some pieces of cherry and birch for free if someone wants a few turning blanks just PM me and Ill give the info bring your saw.Next weekend a friend is coming over to cut up the logs with his woodmizer. Here is a pic of the logs and mill ready for next weekend.
logs3.jpg

View image in gallery

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like a great score Eric! I'd be interested in some turning blanks, but I doubt I'll be in your area anytime soon. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Looks great and I'll bet you get some great boards out of it. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS