Got my white belt today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
in saw sharpening from Bill Anderson at Edwards Mountain Woodworks.

Bill is easy going, very full of knowledge and extremely helpful even to a complete beginner like me.

I hope to take more classes from him in the future.

No pics but it absolutely did happen and I'll make some close ups of the two saws I sharpened as soon as the sun comes up. It was a fun packed but long, hard day for me. Two hour drive home, order Chinese take out and hit the couch.

Here is one of my saws, can't seem to get my macro working today.

IMG_08092.JPG

manfre

New User
Manfre
I honestly thought your post was going to be martial arts related. It would have even been on topic for the "Hand tools" section.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cool....Glad you enjoyed it. Bill is a great guy. I have seen many of his demos at TWA meetings and even spent an evening at his shop doing a Toys 4 Tots workshop. Since my social calendar seems to be opening up I hope to take advantage.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Wait a minute! There are tools you do not know how to sharpen? :swoon:
Bill has a laid back, low-pressure approach to teaching his classes.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Bill is a great guy and a fantastic teacher, and his shop is to die for if you are in to handtools.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your day Mike :icon_thum.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Mike, I'm so glad to hear you now have a new skill. And to help you improve that skill, I just happen to have a few hand saws you can practice on. :rotflm:

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Be glad to Bill, as much trouble and for the amount of concentration involved I would charge $100 a piece to sharpen the darn things.

But for you I'll mess up one or two for free. :rotflm:

Bill may come to one of our events to say hi to everybody. Maybe we can twist his arm to give a short demo...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bill may come to one of our events to say hi to everybody. Maybe we can twist his arm to give a short demo...

That would be outstanding. The next sharpening workshop is in two weeks (Mar. 12). If he could stop by around lunch time and give us some pointers on sharpening hand saws, we might even pick up his lunch. It would certainly be worth it to me. :icon_cheers I'll even provide the old, dinged-up, rusty hand saws. :gar-La;

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
No promises Bill, he said "maybe sometime". Don't count on it. :dontknow:

I'll take a couple of your saws to work on and bring them back to you at the next lunch bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS