Good Will Lathe Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
When I announced the lathe, there was one point that I did not think about. Sharpening the tools.:slap:

As any turning, even me, knows, is that learning to sharpen your tools may be the first and most important of turning. I promise you that when I discovered how much easier it is to turn with really sharp tools vs just sharp tools (Thanks Big Mike), I took some time to really learn to do a much better job.

So, for the last few days, I've been figuring out how to get a reasonable sharpening station to go with the lathe. So here is what will be included:

Slow speed 8" grinder (1725 rpm)
Wolverine sharpening Jig
Wolverine Vari-Jig (for Gouges)
Wolverine Skew Jig ( for skew chisels:lol: )
Cheapy angle gauge

The Wolverine sharpening jig is couresty TravisPorter:icon_thum
and the rest was made possible by the excellent support we get, as always, from the Raleigh Woodcraft store (toolferone). They gave us some incredible :eyeslam: prices on the rest.

DavidF

New User
David
When I announced the lathe, there was one point that I did not think about. Sharpening the tools.:slap:

As any turning, even me, knows, is that learning to sharpen your tools may be the first and most important of turning. I promise you that when I discovered how much easier it is to turn with really sharp tools vs just sharp tools (Thanks Big Mike), I took some time to really learn to do a much better job.

So, for the last few days, I've been figuring out how to get a reasonable sharpening station to go with the lathe. So here is what will be included:

Slow speed 8" grinder (1725 rpm)
Wolverine sharpening Jig
Wolverine Vari-Jig (for Gouges)
Wolverine Skew Jig ( for skew chisels:lol: )
Cheapy angle gauge

The Wolverine sharpening jig is couresty TravisPorter:icon_thum
and the rest was made possible by the excellent support we get, as always, from the Raleigh Woodcraft store (toolferone). They gave us some incredible :eyeslam: prices on the rest.

This is amazing Steve, obviously a lot of thought has gone into this effort and a great deal of support from all our wonderful members:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Man ... this is just getting better. Whoever ends up with the lathe will be one lucky person! :icon_thum

Please make it me, please make it me, please make it me ... :slap:, okay, I'm back.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Generousity and attention to detail!

Nice touch to an already sweet deal . . . Steve :eusa_clap Travis :eusa_clap and Tom :eusa_clap

Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
To make sure I have not confused anyone, the one I am throwing in (never opened) is the Wolverine Grinding Jig #125676.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS