Glad to find you

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
I've been looking for a site like this for a while and I'm glad to find you. I need some folk to bounce some woodworking ideas off of.

I'm a native North Carolinian living in Dobson. To put food on the table and buy tools I engrave plates for the engraved stationery trade. Meaning I'm self-employed and one step ahead of the bill collectors. I have a very understanding wife, three kids and three grandsons.

I've been interested in woodworking most of my life. From building tobacco slides on the family farm, working in a furniture factury during college to building furniture for our home. I've created a lot of scrap wood. Currently I'm playing around with bent wood lamination. It's a lot harder than David Marks makes it look.

I'll be posting in the woodworking forums soon asking for help.

Rick Doby

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hey Rick, welcome aboard. We are glad you found us. I look forward to seeing some of your work so make sure you request a photo gallery so you can post some pix. Feel free to jump into the middle of the discussions.

D L

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, glad you could join us. Did you say scrap wood, I love scrap wood. If you make all your projects out of scrap than you really don't make any mistakes, just shorter scrap. See you around. Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome aboard. In addition to requesting a photo album and showing your work, make sure and visit the member location map and put yourself on the map. This site is a great place to ask questions and share your experiences, both good and bad. That way we can all learn together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS