Gerstner Gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
The title of the thread has a bit of a ring to it!

Went up to Dayton Ohio last week to visit family and was fortunate to get a pass to a sale at the original Gerstner Cabinet shop, in downtown Dayton. Once a year they open the factory to Gerstner cabinet owners and hold a members only sale. My SIL being a member signed me up as her spouse:gar-Bi, and it gave me an additional 15% off already drastically reduced tool cabinets and jewelry boxes. My LOML bought me this really nice oak, 10 drawer tool cabinet for Fathers Day!!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

In addition to my finds, there was a free lunch and a tour of the 100 year old manufacturing facility. No air conditioning, old wood floors and manufacturing and assembly areas spread over two floors of an old building. Did notice a lot of Powermatic tools as well as a CNC router with six different chucks and bits in operation. That was the most modern piece of WW equipment there. It sure is nice to see a company like this still going strong.:thumbs_up

If you ever get a chance to see their facility, I highly recommend it!:icon_thum

Now I just need something other than Grozz engineers squares and HF calipers to store in it!!!:eek:

Happy belated Fathers Day to all of Dad’s out there!

Wayne

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice score on the visit AND tool box, Wayne! YOU ROCK!
Since you have all that empty space, looks like it's time to go buy more :tool:'s, Huh?

toolman

New User
Chad
Great score on the oak tool box! :icon_thum You will love it, I have a Walnut Gerstner tool Box. It is a bigger one it has the 3 long draws 8 short draws (4 side by side and 2 draws on the out side of the short draws ( for the machinist handbook). I got mine in 1978 and have not had one tool to rust! :no: not one! I'm going to make a Roll-a-round out of some walnut I have.

You will love your new box YOU ROCK!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Wayne,

I must say with all sincerity and seriousness...

YOU SUCK BIG TIME!

I have wanted to go there and see that mill since I took my machinist class in 1989 and saw my instructors set of Gerstner tool chests. I have a 1930s cloth covered poplar chest with the red oak drawers that I am refurbishing, but a brand new chest! WOW and to see where it was made, MAN!

I truly envy your great fortune.

You have a darling wonderful wife to have given you such a treat!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
YOU, with your hand made toolbox (Gerstner was featured in one of th WW'ing mags recently), ROCK.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
:icon_thumMan what a score. Darn Wayne to actually go thru a big wood working place like that is awesome. I'd like to go thru when it's in operation, just so I could ask questions.

You made out great,:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wayne,
You must be one fine father :icon_thum
That's a worthy gloat!
Ebarr and I were checking out a tool chest at Klingspor Tuesday that looked very much like that one . . . an oldie, not a new one.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS