Garage Door Insulation Project

Oka

Oka
Corporate Member
HAHAHA............ yeah, I am thinking about making a TV Series called "This Old Car" I will transform a old Ford Esquire station wagon into a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house -------- :p;)

Truly unfortunate about Hawaii seems like lots of people come here with no intention to be part of society, they just come here to be homeless in better weather. In Honolulu this is an issue, the other islands not much.

Is that in comparison to some of the "re-purposed pallet living" there in HI? :p:cool:

Hmerkle

Administrator
Hank
HAHAHA............ yeah, I am thinking about making a TV Series called "This Old Car" I will transform a old Ford Esquire station wagon into a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house -------- :p;)

Truly unfortunate about Hawaii seems like lots of people come here with no intention to be part of society, they just come here to be homeless in better weather. In Honolulu this is an issue, the other islands not much.
I was just going to hit an emoji, but quickly realized I needed all of them - I will tune in for "This Old Car" ha ha
I remember in 1993 how bad the almost "transient" population was in HI, I can't even imagine what it is like now - but I tell everyone - look around you see unbridled wealth and poverty and the "in between" (maybe middle class) seemingly is getting smaller!

Reactions: Oka

Pop Golden

Pop
Corporate Member
I have never worried about insulation for my garage door. My door is wooden I thank that makes a difference as opposed to a metal door. Metal transfers heat & cold more efficiently than wood. Have any of you insulated a wood door? My shop is in my basement and I get quite a lot of cooling & heating radiating from my ducts. In addition I have a gas space heater for those really cold days.

Pop

lastgoodusername

lastgoodusername
User
That is a nice clean looking installation. I am going to be installing a 9' wide door in the next few days.I will be insulating it as well. Hope mine turns out as well as yours. Johnny

UncleJoe

New User
Joe
Good project. I had been putting this off for years, it was on my "when I get around to it" list. Then last summer on one of those killer heat days I was working in the shop and the window ac and fans were making it barely tolerable. I had moved my MFT so it was now near to one of the doors, and when working there I could feel the heat radiation off the door. I touched the door and it was very hot and all that heat was radiating into the shop. I had to do something now. So a quick trip to Lowes and an short bit of time later my doors were insulated. What a difference. I had always associated the doors with winter heat loss and was pleasantly surprised at how much it helped in the summer.
If you haven't done it yet, stop, spend the few dollars it takes and get it done, you will appreciate it.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
In my dim recollection of things long in the past, I remember insulating an overhead door I had. I simply used foam board held on with Liquis Nails, and taped clear plastic over the windows; crude and quick but effective.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I saved time when I built this house and installed insulated doors.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS