Front, Rear, Side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Ok, so on a table saw the front is the side with the switch and you feed the wood from front to back. On a Router table the front of the table is the side with the drawers, etc and you feed the stock from right to left (generally, except when climb cutting). On a planer the front is the infeed side and you stand to the side so you can feed and then retrieve the stock. ETC, etc, etc. The question is: what is the front of a bandsaw? Looking at the edge of the wheels or looking at the side of the wheels? Do you feed from front to back or left to right? Do you stand in the front when feeding (if the feed answer is front to back)? Just a silly question to ponder.

George

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Good question ... and I don't know the answer ...

but I can tell you I stand both in front and in front ... or is that on the side, and on the other side! :lol:

M

McRabbet

I'd vote for the infeed side as well -- if a bandsaw is fitted with a fence, it adjusts from the infeed -- i.e., the front. If one is resawing and installs a point fence or pushes a sled, it is from the front or infeed side. If you are dealing with large stock or an extended table to the right for radius cutting a round table, you control the material from the infeed side, or front of the saw. My .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS