Freud 2 1/4 HP plunge router deal-1 day only

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomoonshiner

New User
morgan
Lowe's must've bought out a warehouse full of these or something. They're playing it cool, letting them go at this price very sporadically. I picked up the Freud 2 1/4 HP 1702 combo kit a few months back for 100 bucks. I don't think that deal can be beat. Its got lots of bells and whistles -- above table height adjustment, 1 handed bit change, 2 collets, dust hook-up -- plenty of muscle, and I'm really pleased with it across the board. The only cons I can think of are that the plunge base isn't very smooth on the vertical axis and, when changing depth above the router table, the bit has to be checked for square and given a slight nudge if its out before locking it in place. These are very small cons in my mind (they are easily made right if you're paying attention) and are thus pretty much negligible.

Go for it!

-Morgan

davejones

New User
Dave
I saw the 2 negative reviews on Amazon as well. They don't too sound happy, but they were knocking loose screws (loctite?) and a broken base I think. One guy didn't even use his, just returned it.

Despite not seeing any good reviews, I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger. This will be my first router, and at $100 for the fixed/plunge kit and 2-1/4 HP the WGD took over! :tool: Merry Christmas to me!!!

Thanks for posting this!

Eddie Byrd

New User
Eddie
Since the previous thread is closed, I would like to add that the recommended adaptor ring (FT1100 - $11.82 from Amazon) for using template guides was identical to the one in my standard template guide set, so it was a waste of money for me. Apparently the two mounting screws are sufficient for holding the ring.

:gar-Cr

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
I've had mine for about 10 months. I don't have any real complaints. I have used it free hand and in the table. I think you made a great buy. I paid the $200 price tag. I saw Lowes start to let these go and I thought their may be a new model coming out or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors