Free Piano

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncleet

New User
Lee
A fellow my wife works with has a piano that he wants to give away. Here is his text:

Here's a unique opportunity for the crafty woodworker.

We have a Janssen upright piano. It was out of tune, so we hired a professional to come and tune it for us, only to find that the sounding board is cracked - it cannot be tuned. So it's no longer of any use as a piano.

But it has a lovely cabinet (see the picture) that's in great shape, and I thought that someone with some woodworking skills might be able to make a unique desk or entertainment center out of it. Unfortunately, I have no such skills. But if you do, you are welcome to have the piano for free - if you will come and get it. If you would like to come and take a look at it and see what you can dream up for it, give us a call at 919-460-7511 to work out a time.
piano-2.jpg

View image in gallery

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Warning!

If anyone decides to convert this piano to a desk or anything else PLEASE SEND ME A PM. Taking apart a piano can be dangerous. The total tension of the strings on this piano is 15 to 20 tons. Many have been injured by simply cutting the strings with a nipper. There is a safe way to do this - cutting the strings off is not safe!

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS