Free downdraft table plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
It's a neat plan, I downloaded it but found the parts for the top a bit out of my price range, it takes two kits to make the table top. I'm thinking about doing my own top. I've needed something like this for some time and just haven't made it yet.:gar-La;

Glennbear

Glenn
I received this in my e-mail also, as per usual their "free" plans entail the purchase of some specialty items which they just happen to sell. :gar-La; The concept is good and could be adapted by someone frugal (cheap) like me who is a strong believer in "use what you gots". :wink_smil

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I am with you. you can make the top and bottem with a good drill press and some dowell rods for pins. Its not being cheep. I just finished my ECON last semister its being conservitive with disposable income:rotflm:

newtonc

New User
jak
I am currently building one in to a bench top and was interested.But I agree with most...I can't see paying that for the top.I'll do as planned and make my own.
But thanks for posting

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
that plan will work great with some flooring tiles i picked up at a charlotte woodowrkers meeting. they are rubber tiles with slots in them they were from a church gym floor.

should work just fine if i ever get any shop time in.

Vestus

Kerry
Corporate Member
Here's the downdraft table I use. 2 2x4's, a 2x4' piece of pegboard (fuzzy side up) and a 4" duct. In use, it sets flat on my work table. To store, it hangs on one screw on the wall. The lip helps for clamping and the chunk in the middle for support.
Cheap, ugly, and works like a champ.

downdraft1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS