Free Boxes for eBay Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are a great deal. My wife and I keep a stock of all sizes. Be careful using them. I wanted to mail something to a friend, and it fit very nicely in the flat rate Priority Mail box. I didn't want to ship it Priority mail, but ended up with no choice because it was in that box. The flat rate is a good deal for heavy items, over around 8 lbs, but for lighter items letting the Post Office calc. the postage often gets you a better deal.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Jeremy - when I was selling pen and bowl blanks and shipping them all over the world. I consulted with my post master and he hooked me up with free flat rate boxes, envelopes and preprinted labels - I didn't use the labels because I made a mistake in filling out the card that they made them off of :BangHead: I did ship out some heavy stuff in those boxes and never had any problems. And you have to fill out an extra customs form if it goes outside of the US - flatrate is a great deal...

Thanks

jboddiford

New User
Josh
I got some of these boxes delivered just the other day for FREE! :icon_thum

One way I have found to get around the "Flat Rate Box" is to just wrap the box in Brown Kraft Wrapping Paper and put your shipping label and postage on it. Then it looks just like a normal box and it's nice and clean for UPS, FedEx, or the post office! I picked up a small roll of the wrapping paper at Walmart for around $5 and it's lasted me a while!

Josh

Those are a great deal. My wife and I keep a stock of all sizes. Be careful using them. I wanted to mail something to a friend, and it fit very nicely in the flat rate Priority Mail box. I didn't want to ship it Priority mail, but ended up with no choice because it was in that box. The flat rate is a good deal for heavy items, over around 8 lbs, but for lighter items letting the Post Office calc. the postage often gets you a better deal.

sediener

New User
Steve
Couldn't you just wrap it up in some craft paper and send it how you wanted?

- Steve

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
One way I have found to get around the "Flat Rate Box" is to just wrap the box in Brown Kraft Wrapping Paper and put your shipping label and postage on it. Then it looks just like a normal box and it's nice and clean for UPS, FedEx, or the post office! I picked up a small roll of the wrapping paper at Walmart for around $5 and it's lasted me a while!

SShhhhhhhhhh!! ;-)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Another way of using these boxes are inside out. Separate the box at the glue joint, turn it inside out and use hot glue to re-seal it. I've received boxes this way, but they have always been recycled (used a second time). We wouldn't want to do anything illegal:eusa_whis.

Jimmy:)

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Getting these boxes from the Post Office with the intent to wrap them with brown craft paper or dissasemble them and reassemble them inside out is kind of like saying you can get free napkins, spoons, forks, straws, ketchup, salt, etc. for use at home at any fast food restaurant. Yes, they are there but they are intended to be used to benefit that restaurant (i.e. by paying customers). I'm just waiting for someone to mention the "free" milk crates you can find behind grocery stores or the "free" envelopes you can find at most ATM machines.

I'm not sure I agree with this thread being in the Found for Sale/Hot Deals forum given the direction it is taking......maybe it should go in the "Where to Steal Things forum"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS