Forum Moderator Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
All,

Below is a list of the current assignments we have for Mods to the specific forums. I need an Admin or newly promoted Webmaster to make the changes (indicated by RED = delete name, BLUE = add name, BLACK = no change, Green = will change later) to the Moderator names on the Forums homepage so the names will be current. As this list changes I will edit this post.

FYI, Dave and I have discussed potential candidates to recruit as Moderators. After comparing our notes Dave crafted a PM and sent it to five of our members asking if they would be interested in serving as a Moderator. The five members were; Toolferone, Ray Martin, Canuck, Sapwood, and Matt. So far Dave has received responses from Tom, Matt and Roger voicing their desire to serve as a Moderator.

D L

Forum Assignments:

What's Going On?
--Webmaster Announcements: SteveColes/Monty
--Member Announcements: Clowman/Sapwood
--Where Can I Find, Buy or Sell: McRabbet/Chris99z71 (Rob is an Admin unless he changes his role)
--Request for Custom Work: SteveColes/vacant
--Other Stuff: vacant/vacant

Woodworking
--Wood: DaveO/vacant
--General Woodworking: DaveO/D L Ames
----Chair Making: ?
----Tips & Tricks: ?
--Finishing: Jonz/vacant
--Hand Tools and Their Use: Mshel/Monty/Jonz
--Power Tools and Their Use: Mshel/D L Ames/Toolferone
--Woodturning: cskipper/Matt
--Woodcarving: vacant/vacant
--Scrollsaw Work: cskipper/vacant

Reviews: Toolferone/vacant

Member Buy and Sell
--Discounts & Offers NCWW for DQ Members: vacant/vacant
----Confidential Offers for DQ Members: vacant/vacant
--Buy and Sell Tools, etc: Chris99z71/vacant
--Sell Wood: vacant/vacant
--Others: vacant/vacant
--Marketing and Pricing Projects: vacant/vacant

FAQs and How To's
--Forums: vacant/vacant
----Chat: vacant/vacant
----Photo Gallery: vacant/vacant
----Link Library: vacant/vacant
----Calendar: vacant/vacant
----Download Library: vacant/vacant

Site Features - How to & Problems
--Problems & Bugs: Cloudancer/SteveColes
--How Do I...: Cloudancer/Monty
--Computer/Internet Help: SteveColes/vacant
----Web Hosting at NCWW: vacant/vacant
--Suggestions and Feedback: SteveColes/vacant

Off Topic
--Who We Are: Clowman/vacant
--Get It Off Your Chest: Sapwood/vacant

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think that I have already made several of those changes. Please check my work :eusa_pray

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks Monty. We are waiting to hear back from Matt to see which forums he wants to moderate. Also, we still need to find out what Rob and Cloudancer want to do.

I know the Mod/Admin roles are not supposed to overlap but I recommend that once we get Admins to sign up for things like Link Library, Download Library, etc that those Admins also fill the role of Mods for the respective forum. I really don't see those forums being too busy.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
D L, I agree with you. And Matt has taken the turning forum, and might be interested in another once he get the hang of it.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DaveO said:
D L, I agree with you. And Matt has taken the turning forum, and might be interested in another once he get the hang of it.

Thanks Dave, I will update the list above

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Monty said:
yea DaveO - I was wondering what was going on....

Did I do everything right :eusa_thin There was a few catagories that I was unsure about. The site will prolly crash tomorrow :eusa_doh:

Dave (making mistakes and hopefully learning from them:-D )

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks good to me. Only thing I wondered about was the option of email notification. I think I would have left that set to "no", unless it's a forum that doesn't get much traffic and so might be overlooked.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DaveO said:
Did I do everything right :eusa_thin There was a few categories that I was unsure about. The site will prolly crash tomorrow :eusa_doh:

Dave (making mistakes and hopefully learning from them:-D )

You missed a few. Jonz second forum is Finishing and you need to delete Steve from everything except Webmaster Announcements.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Monty said:
Looks good to me. Only thing I wondered about was the option of email notification. I think I would have left that set to "no", unless it's a forum that doesn't get much traffic and so might be overlooked.

I have alway got e-mail notifications for my forums, but I agree that it should be up to the new Mods. to determine if they want/need that.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
D L Ames said:
You missed a few. Jonz second forum is Finishing and you need to delete Steve from everything except Webmaster Announcements.

D L

Jonz is now set up for the Finishing forum
Steve can delete himself..I ain't stepping on those toes :-D :lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
We have Roger listed as moderating 3 forums when it should only be 2. I recommend we delete him from the "Who We Are" forum since Clay already has that one covered. Roger can will then have "Member Announcements" and "Get It Off Your Chest".

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
:eusa_doh: I forget to include Chris to the list above. We need to assign him to a forum under "Buy & Sell Tools, etc" and the "Where Can I find" forums based on his stated desires.

D L

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Wow, I go to bed and when I wake up, I find I am no longer needed. It's like a child leaving home:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :rolf:

Great guys, full speed ahead! shifting from Army to Navy phrases.

How did you get Tom and Roger to agree. How much are you paying them.:lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Monty, Dave,
I logged on to both the AdminCP and ModCP in an attempt to assign Chris to his forums but I do not have the permissions required to do so. I am assuming I was looking in the right place on the CP.

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
Wow, I go to bed and when I wake up, I find I am no longer needed. It's like a child leaving home:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :rolf:

Great guys, full speed ahead! shifting from Army to Navy phrases.

How did you get Tom and Roger to agree. How much are you paying them.:lol:

We offered them a 10% discount on everything in the store at WC.....good only on Thursday, 27 July.:lol:

D L

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
D L Ames said:
Monty, Dave,
I logged on to both the AdminCP and ModCP in an attempt to assign Chris to his forums but I do not have the permissions required to do so. I am assuming I was looking in the right place on the CP.

D L
That should be fixed now. Like Dave, you now have the permissions of an administrator. Just an oversite on my part.

Monty, this is what I meant about Super Admin. Only you and I have power to define who can administer what.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
All,

Below is a list of the current assignments we have for Mods to the specific forums with any actions still required. Dave and Monty have made most of the change required but a few still remain.

All Mods,
As you are reviewing posts please be on the look out for members that you feel would be a good candidate to serve as a Mod for any of the forums were we are short moderators. Please do not contact the member but pass their name to Dave or I so we can discuss it first.

Roger, Tom and Matt recently joined the fray so please assist them while they get their feet wet. We are still waiting on responses from Ray and Wayne (Canuck).

Does anyone know the status of Cloudancer? Will he continue to be a Mod?

D L

RED = delete name
BLUE = add name
BLACK = no change
Green = will change later

Forum Assignments:

What's Going On?
--Webmaster Announcements: SteveColes/Monty
--Member Announcements: Clowman/Sapwood
--Where Can I Find, Buy or Sell: Chris99z71
--Request for Custom Work: SteveColes/vacant
--Other Stuff: vacant/vacant

Woodworking
--Wood: DaveO/vacant
--General Woodworking: DaveO/D L Ames
----Chair Making: ?
----Tips & Tricks: ?
--Finishing: Jonz/vacant
--Hand Tools and Their Use: Jonz
--Power Tools and Their Use: D L Ames/Toolferone
--Woodturning: cskipper/Matt
--Woodcarving: vacant/vacant
--Scrollsaw Work: cskipper/vacant

Reviews: Toolferone/vacant

Member Buy and Sell
--Discounts & Offers North Carolina Woodworker for DQ Members: vacant/vacant
----Confidential Offers for DQ Members: vacant/vacant
--Buy and Sell Tools, etc: Chris99z71/vacant
--Sell Wood: vacant/vacant
--Marketing and Pricing Projects: vacant/vacant

FAQs and How To's
--Forums: vacant/vacant
----Chat: vacant/vacant
----Photo Gallery: vacant/vacant
----Link Library: vacant/vacant
----Calendar: vacant/vacant
----Download Library: vacant/vacant

Site Features - How to & Problems
--Problems & Bugs: Cloudancer/SteveColes
--How Do I...: Cloudancer/Monty
--Computer/Internet Help: SteveColes/vacant
----Web Hosting at North Carolina Woodworker: vacant/vacant
--Suggestions and Feedback: SteveColes/vacant

Off Topic
--Who We Are: Clowman/Sapwood
--Get It Off Your Chest: Sapwood/vacant

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
That should be fixed now. Like Dave, you now have the permissions of an administrator. Just an oversite on my part.

Monty, this is what I meant about Super Admin. Only you and I have power to define who can administer what.

Thanks Steve, I will go test fire (back to Army terms:lol: ) my new super powers to see if I can make the corrections to the Mod list. If the site crashes I will be on the next bus to South America.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS