Form needed for Handscrew workshop event

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hi all:

Jim and I have been corresponding regarding having a custom form done for the hand screw manufacturing event. Below is a copy of our correspondence, which helps fill in the blanks so to speak on the end objective.

All advice is welcome - thanks much. Scott

Jim,

It would help a great deal if I had a "master list" to work from that tracked everybody who signed up and the number of each size clamps that they are interested in, plus whether they prefer US versus import hardware.

What would be nice is if we can get a big enough price break on the US mfg kits, we may be able to get some folks to go US if it doens't cost that much more than import. I think that they would like the clamps more in the long term too.

In thinking through what I'd want to track on a custom form, the following comes to mind:

Member name
Type of hardware (US versus Import)
Quantity of each size (4", 6", 8", 10", 12", 14", 16", other)
Will you be providing your own wood for your clamps? (Y / N)
Weedend day preference (Saturday versus Sunday)
Weekends in February when you would NOT be able to participate?
Are you available to help prepare a few days or the weekend prior to the event? (boring and sawing jigs need to be made). (Y or N)

How do we proceed from here - is the form something that I need to create, or can you or one of the Mods / Admins take care of it for us?

Thx.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
We'll see what we can whip up!

How soon would you like it ready (aka, how long can I put it off while pursuing other interests such as counting nose hairs and looking for my lost socks) :)

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

How soon would you like it ready (aka, how long can I put it off while pursuing other interests such as counting nose hairs and looking for my lost socks) :)

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3

Thanks Jim. In answer to your question, it would be nice if we had it up by sometime next week.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

Jim

Humm,

Counting Nose hairs, :widea: Thats such a good Idea :widea:

:icon_scra :nah: :no: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Funny Funny!!!:gar-La; :gar-La; :gar-La;
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; IEMB3; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; yie8)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
A few questions for you.....

1. Would you like to add any questions about food?
2. "Are you interested in hanging out for the day, but not ordering any kits?"
3. "Are you interested in being part of a Carpool?"

Thanks,
Jim

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
A few questions for you.....

1. Would you like to add any questions about food?
2. "Are you interested in hanging out for the day, but not ordering any kits?"
3. "Are you interested in being part of a Carpool?"
4. "Do you want to count anyones nose hairs?"
Thanks,
Jim

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jim, those are great questions but let's address them as we get closer to the actual event (we're at least 4.5 months away).

Most important right now is to determine quantities and type (US versus import) so that we can negotiate the best deal with the suppliers.

Second most important is determining how many blanks that we'll need, so that I can get the appropriate amount of hickory quartersawn and drying.

Thanks!

Scott
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Gotcha.

One other request, if you could write up the form detail statement. More or less what you've pasted in this thread, as you'd like it to read.

"This form is going to help us bla gather bla and bla."

Thanks,
Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jim: How's this?

We have had a tremendous amount of interested expressed in the proposed handscrew manufacturing event.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Our next steps are to negotiate the best prices that we can obtain on the hardware kits for making the handscrews, to mill and dry wood necessary for the blanks (for those who are not providing their own wood), and to set aside a weekend for the actual event.
<o:p> </o:p>
Toward this end, a survey has been created that will provide us with the required guidance. Please take a moment and fill this out.
Thanks much!
Scott

On a separate topic, can the form be set up so that we can determine per user their specific answers on quantities and instert them into a post? That way it will be easy for everybody to keep up with the sizes, types and quantities that they have signed up for.

Thanks.

Scott

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ok, we've updated the form with the new description.

If it meets your needs, you can go ahead and share the following URL:

PHP:
[URL="http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=16"]Hand Screw Clamp Workshop & BBQ[/URL]

When you are done gathering data, let us know if you'd like us to do a custom report that is easier to review.

I also sent you a PM with the link to review the form results.

Thanks!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS