Forgive Me 4 Being MIA at Hickory Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I hate I missed the show this year. I wanted to go, but got saddled with working nights, supposedly Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. The plan was to start at 9pm, but Tuesday the vendor did not call until 11pm, finished at 5am. Wednesday, started at 9pm as planned, finished at 5am. Thursday, no call at 9pm, no call at 11pm. By then, I was wide awake, so I wasn't going to go home and keep LOML awake with my tossin' n turnin'. So, I used the time to do some serious tech reading at work.

I emailed my boss a summary of the night before I left at 5am Friday. There are 2 CD's of programs that were supposed to be installed Thursday night. My boss will undoubtedly be kicking the vendor for this; last week the vendor postponed an upgrade, but did not bother calling me until 2:30pm, after I had burned 4 hrs of vacation time so I could be rested for that night. :realmad:

On top of this, another CD was FedEx'ed to me Thursday afternoon. It haas the same S/W load as the one installed Tuesday night. I guess the vendor will let us know when we are(n't) scheduled to install this new same load. :BangHead:

On the bright side, having those weekdays free gave me time to finish the TV table. See that thread for the most recent pic.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Not many things are more fun than shifting to nights. We often finish building a set of cabinets for YMCA during the day, and go set them that night. We have to be cleaned up and out by 5:30 AM. So this makes for about 24 hours since last sleep. Almost always, someone will call the house before 8:00 AM the following morning:BangHead:. Once you are awake, you're awake:gar-Cr. Due to my wife's parents age, we can't turn off the house phone, even though they have our cell #'s.

M

McRabbet

Tom, I did expect to see you at Hickory and I'm sorry that circumstances prevented you from making it this year. We had a good member turnout and lots of people through the booth. We had all of the major Raffle items on display and as a result, we sold a bunch of tickets over the two days. 'Twas fun, but like you, I'm running ragged after long hours and short sleep times.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Tom I feel you on the vendor issues. :) What they heck are you guys upgrading? I have been going through a custom reservation system for the last 18 months and it feels like it's never going to end.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Missed you Tom but I can sure relate. I'm sorry you missed out on the fun.

cskipper

Cathy
I thought we'd make it - had plans to be in Forest City this weekend specifically to go to the show. However, Tank (our newest approxx 2 yo rescued boxer) hurt his leg. The Vet did't want hime any more active than necessary. So we wound up in Columbial I'd really looked forward to meeting old friends and meeting new ones.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Oh man that's always fun. I have been through that. Hopefully they can get you sorted out here quickly and let you resume a normal schedule. :)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Tom, hate that you had to miss the Hickory gathering - hopefully you will get things straighten out at work and get to the next gathering:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS