Forget Laguna - Yes Another WG Gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
So,I was poking around the internet researching bandsaws and came across an auction site for Broyhill. They were auctioning off the equipment out of the Lenoir plants. To make a long story short I stumbled into an auction for a Meber 24" bandsaw (Basically a Laguna 24"). Meber is who makes Laguna bandsaws. They just label them Laguna for sales in the US. A few clicks later I had my bid in for the saw. I got back from the beach and immediately checked the auction to find I won it. So, here is the new addition to my shop.

40719A.jpg

40719B.jpg

Yes, Monty did know and that is why he was poking around about me looking for a 24" saw. The wire transfer has already been made and I should be able to pick it up from the plant sometime over the next couple weeks.

Here are a few specs.
Motor - 3.5 HP 3 phase (I've got 3 phase so that is fine)
Resaw - 15"
Throat clearance 23.5"
Table Size - 23"x31"
Weight - 750 lbs.
Height - Just under 8 feet. :D

Let the Suckage Calling Begin!

Monty

New User
Monty
So, with all that money you saved by getting this instead of that Laguna, now you can afford to get that Oneway!!! :jealous:

:lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Oh, do you ever SUCK!

Heck, if you had bought the whole plant you wouldn't have to worry about moving the bandsaw :lol:

And don't you think it's about time you quit hoarding all the tools and sell some :mrgreen:

Sapwood

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Monty did mention the 24" in another thread. I could hardly believe he was serious.

YOU SUCK

What is the bandsaw count now?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That will never be big enough for you :lol: But it does gain you a big giant
YOU SUCK
Now you need 15" boards to re-saw.

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
and I just found it on the auction site. You got a smokin'! deal! I have to remember to go there more often.

did you even bid on any of the 36" saws? Or are they too much, even for you??? ;)

woodguy1975

New User
John
The bandsaw count will be 3 counting the 14" Rikon. I'll cancel the order for the Laguna LT16. If I had room I'd might keep all 4.......... but thankfully I don't have the room. This will conclude most of my equipment buying for a long time. At least that is what I keep telling myself. This purchased increased my capacity greatly and saved me about $1000 over the Laguna as long as there is not major repair work required. The saw looks very well maintained. In fact I know one of the maint guys that worked there. He said the saw was in excellent shape and used rarely.

:)

Three phase power opens too many doors I like going thru. Honestly the only thing I still want is a 20" disk sander. :) Don't think I'm not looking.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
So John,

At 8' tall and weighing in at 750lbs, is a new shop wing now in order!!!?????

Oh by the way You Certainly do SUCK!!!!!!

Congratulations! (How many band saws are now for sale?

Wayne

woodguy1975

New User
John
NCPete said:
and I just found it on the auction site. You got a smokin'! deal! I have to remember to go there more often.

did you even bid on any of the 36" saws? Or are they too much, even for you??? ;)

I almost bid on a 31". THe problem is I have a 10HP phase converter so I can only power a 7.5HP motor. Most of the bigger saws are too tall for my shop and have too big of motors for my phase converter. I do have some limits. :)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice score there WG....I wish I had been born rich instead of so doggone good-looking:eusa_liar ! Maybe I could afford some MONSTER tools like you:lol: .
Oh yea, YOU SUCK!
Take care,
Randy

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Nice score there John. Now we all need to pool our resources and buy a couple big chunks of big leaf maple burl and have a resaw BBQ weekend at your place!!

You SUXOR!!

MLB3164

New User
Marty
Wow John what a deal. You could have bought 2 Lagunas for that price. What are you going to do with the money you saved? Will you have this in the shop by the end of the month? I hope so then I can drool all over it at the cabinet class. Great find.

Marty

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Whatcha gonna use the MM16 for...SCROLLING!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's some seriously nice iron you got there with the Meber.

Oh, yeah...YOU SUCK, big time!!!

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You really, really, really do suck. I have bid on more IRSauctions than I care to think about and ALWAYS get out bid. This time, I didn't even look.

I have heard there is a furniture plant auction going on in Rocky Mount this weekend. If I get the details I will post for some of the members in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS