Sold - Narex chisels - 6 piece set

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
I just got a set of 8 Stanley sweetheart chisels and no longer need these. They are in good shape and did not see a ton of use. The backs have already been flattened on the first 1” or so and just sharpened them so are good to go out of the box. The 20 mm does have a very small chip in one corner but would not take much time to take out. I included a close up of the tip so you can see how small the chip really is. Looking to get $75 for them or best offer. New are $95 plus tax. Let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: I spent about 10 minutes last night and took the small chip out of the 20mm. Everything is good to go. Willing to go lower than $75 but not trying to fire sale them. Let me know if you’re interested.

Attachments

• AF6F7DC4-EFA6-4593-A3EC-F331346F53D3.png
    AF6F7DC4-EFA6-4593-A3EC-F331346F53D3.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 262
  • 7F726E70-0911-46C2-8B4F-77A479D0D5B0.jpeg
    7F726E70-0911-46C2-8B4F-77A479D0D5B0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
Updated the listing but couldn’t see if it went through or not. I got the chip out of the 20mm If that makes a difference to anyone.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Hi Burns, are you sure? From my experience I would prefer the Norex rather than the Stanley. Norex may be cheap in price, but the steel quality is top notch.
Are the Stanley American or British steel.

Pop

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Norex may be cheap in price, but the steel quality is top notch.

I bought a 7 piece set of Narex chisels from Lee Valley at the recommendation of a few folks here at NCWW. They are excellent and hold their edge well. Good quality steel.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
What I notice between my Narex chisels and my Stanley's from England. The Narex steel is harder, harder to get prepped, but does hold up a long time before touching up. The Stanley's were easier to prep but does not hold the edge as long. This all subjective so, really a preference thing. TBH I like both of them, though I find myself gravitaing to certain ones for certain types of tasks.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The Narex steel is harder, harder to get prepped, but does hold up a long time before touching up.

The Narex chisels are Chromium-Manganese steel. I thought they were fairly easy to get prepped on DMT diamond stones but it's not a 15 minute job/chisel. They do hold their edge very well.

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
The main reason I got the Stanley’s was that they came with some sizes I didn’t have and while there were some bad reviews the vast majority were really good. Between here and Facebook I’ve only gotten 1 person remotely interested so I may hold on to them for a bit and do some comparing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS