http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f32/question-25847/

and it worked great - thanks dude:icon_thum

Maple_stopper.jpg

View image in gallery

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Phillip,
I'm glad it helped. The stopper looks great and it does look to fit together perfect.
Happy Turning,
Jack

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Phillip, that is a nice looking stopper, and Jack, you know your stuff buddy. I hope to meet you one day for a turn and learn. :icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
For anyone that hasn't had the honor of meeting Jack, he is indeed a class act.
He knows turning and just as importantly, he knows how to (and is willing to) pass along what he knows.
I was able to attend one of his club meetings where Jack demonstrated turning. I've known some great turners - one in particular that could spin a tale while he turned. But he was far more entertaining than educational. Jack is both.
Jack, ever consider doing any instructional videos?

flyrod444

New User
Jack
My hats are getting to small for my head guys.:gar-Bi I am glad to help when I can. Andy, I have a lot more to learn about turning before I would think of doing a Video on the subject. I want to take couple of 3 or 4 day classes with someone like Elsworth, Jordan, Mahoney or the like to get better. Turners of their ability are far and few between and I'm sure that I would learn a great deal if I ever get a chance to take classes from any of them. Andy, I'm honored that you feel that I'm knowledgeable enough to make a video.
Thanks,
Jack
p.s.
I might do one on fly fishing the North Carolina Mountains when I retire. It is a subject that I feel, few people have more knowledge or experience than I do. I've even talked to a Cousin that has a HD Video set up, that he has done a couple of video's for his local community with. Still a few years down the road though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS