Fletcher-Terry Picture Frame Nailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Over the course of the past several weeks I have been busy between graduation ceremonies, graduation parties and trying to get ahead of building diploma frames for three of my daughters and son in law.:wsmile::wsmile:

Here are three more I completed today....

100_2253.jpg

It seems that with each type of new project I undertake, I find an excuse for a new tool.:gar-La;:wink_smil

Driving glazing pins, finish nails etc. into the back of the frame with a hammer etc. to hold the artwork, just wasn't working too well for me.:BangHead::BangHead: After a short visit to a local framing shop, I spied a nifty framing nailer that I just had to have.

Ordered a Fletcher Terry 07-500 FrameMaster point driver and let me tell you, it is an excellent tool for this purpose! :icon_cheers:icon_cheers (In addition to framing points, it will also fire glazing points should I ever need to replace a piece of window glass around the old homestead.

100_2257.jpg

You just hold the gun parallel with the back of the frame and fire away. You can adjust the force by which the pin is driven depending on the density of the wood used to build the frame.

The pins are driven quickly and I didn't have to worry about breaking any of the glass!!!!!!:eusa_danc

100_2256.jpg

So. If you are doing a lot of framing, I would recommend this nailer highly!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

(They also sell a version that fires "easy-bend" pins so that artwork can be changed out of the frame without removing the pins. I opted for this version as it easily converts to shooting glazing points as well.)

If I add up the total cost of all of these diploma's, I can easily justify an additional $74.00 for a new tool!!!!

You guys easily see my point. Right!!!!

Thanks for lookin'!

Wayne

(PS Joe. I managed to get a total of 5 frames out of that nice piece of walnut you gave me! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!! ....Canuck)

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I had a couple of those when I had a frame shop back in the early 80s. They are indispensable and I'm surprised the price is about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS