First tools for kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankson

New User
Jeff
My son periodically helps me with projects around the house and for his birthday I decided to get him a starter tool kit.

A google search, directed me to, who else, WOODCRAFT. This kit can be added to as needed but, at just $14.95, it's a great start.

He loves having his own toolbag and tools. Check it out:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5718

My First Project® Tool Bag With Tools
This tool bag, as well as the tools inside, are all down-sized, kid-friendly versions of larger, adult-sized shop tools. The perfect accessory for the young apprentice in your workshop, this tool storage bag includes a hammer, screwdriver, phillips screwdriver, tape measure, and an 8" square. The canvas bag has four exterior pockets, a removable padded shoulder strap and two hand straps.

My First Project Tool Bag With Tools #146707
Price: $14.99 Quantity:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff, that's a really good idea. Maybe I'll get one for my wife so I can keep my tools in my shop :roll: :-D
I bet your son is really proud to have his own his own tools to help out Dad with.
Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Dave, Dave, Dave, we need to talk.

Jeff, that's a great idea. Be careful though, one of our grandsons unscrewed all of the register covers and was starting to work on the outlet covers!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
cskipper said:
one of our grandsons unscrewed all of the register covers and was starting to work on the outlet covers!

Budding HVAC guy :-D :-D Those guys make a killing, especially in the summer when the AC goes out :icon_thum

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
I let my son "have" his very own battery operated screwdriver. It is a lightweight black and decker model, that runs off of 4-AA batteries. That may also be a good addition to the bag. On a side note, his first use of it was to disassemble all 9 of the drawer slides I had just attached to a chest of drawers I was making. I couldn't be mad.... It was kinda funny.

frankson

New User
Jeff
Registers and drawer slides....you've got to love the way they act on impulse. Thanks for the words of caution...I'll keep an eye out for "independent" contracting.
To start my son off with the slotted/phillips screwdrivers, I drilled a couple of holes in 2x4 stock marked them with a - or + and told him to match and screw ( of course, a little guidance re: hand position and safe technique preceded...) he loved it...for about 10 minutes.
With mother's day coming up, we're going to put something together this week...suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors