First Finished Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
A few weeks back I posted pictures of the first bowl I had turned since I was kid and it came apart in the process. So I thought I should post pictures of my first successful bowl! Anyone have any idea what kind of wood the bowl is made of?

Thanks,

Bill
IMG_0631.jpg

View image in gallery

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
First bowl? :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: That is quite a piece. As for the wood, I'm pretty sure it's not Ash, but it doesn't look familiar to me. Can't wait to hear the answer. :icon_thum

Elmojo

New User
Mike
Is that color the natural color of the wood?
If so, I'm leaning towards Poplar.
It's the only white wood I know of that shows a greenish cast when dry.
You usually don't see that kind of standout grain in Poplar, but then again, wood does wonderful things sometimes!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bill, it saddens me to see yet another person fall to the Dark Side, but I gotta say, that's a very nice bowl, with great proportions. Grain comes out beautifully.

As to what it's made of....eh...WOOD!

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Thanks for all the kind words. The finish is just wax and the color of the wood is fairly close to the picture. I know the bowl is not poplar or ash. The problem is I have no idea what it really is!!! It was written on the blank and I forgot to write it down, I think it said peruvian something..maybe pecan...time for me to break out the wood books I guess.

Regards,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS