First Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Box-making is something that I have wanted to learn to do well. I made my first attempt at a "nice" box recently. I spent hours making jigs and an hour or two on the box. I figured there would be plenty of learning opportunities and I was right! Overall, I am pleased with my first attempt - it looks really good from a distance! I figure after I make a dozen more or so that I may be ready to post an image from my 50-D instead of my iPhone... :swoon:

747627428_qr3Wj-X3.jpg

747627424_N5BzL-X3.jpg

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks pretty darn good to me! The miters look tight and I really like the staggered splines. Great wood selection! Keep it up!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Michael,

That is frickin awesome! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap First attempt? I can't wait to see your next attempt. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Real nice Michael!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

The splines cut at different depths sure adds even more interest to that curly maple.

Well done!

Wayne

thrt15nc

Tom
User
That is beautiful!!!!!!!! I too would like to make more boxes. Right there is the reason why. I think that is awesome. Well done.

Do you have a carriage for the tablesaw for making the spline cut?

Now if I could just get my rocking horse finished........................:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Tom

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Thanks, folks! Tom, I did make a carriage for the spline cuts on the table saw. I am amazed how easy they are to make. I am really starting to understand the benefits of well-made jigs!

svtumbleweed

New User
TEX
You are well on your way to becoming a box maker. You have discovered how the bevel on the edges between the lid and the case makes the fit look perfect. Good jigs are essential for good work.
TEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS