Finished Some New Router Jigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

It is all about the jigs. Anything that makes it easier, safer, and reapeatable is a good thing. I say go for it and paint them yellow. Please show us pics of the finished bank.

JOAT

New User
Theo
Theo the link came NOT FOUND. Could be my computer JEEVES

What the heck? I just checked the link and it 'does' work. However, those are 'not' the pictures that are supposed to be there. Those are the previous picture I had up, ofl previous jigs, and that I had discarded. When I finished, and checked the linkl, the correct pictures WERE there. Honest. Don'tcha just hate it when that happens? I'll get on the right picture right now.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
I don't have my 3D negative space thinking cap on, so please paint them, put some work pieces in the pics (not painted) so I can figure out what they do. Maybe by then, I can figure it out. Maybe a pic with the router on it would do me some good too ... just not seeing it. They look cool though!

JOAT

New User
Theo
I don't have my 3D negative space thinking cap on, so please paint them, put some work pieces in the pics (not painted) so I can figure out what they do. Maybe by then, I can figure it out. Maybe a pic with the router on it would do me some good too ... just not seeing it. They look cool though!

You couldn't figure it out just from looking at them? I'm amazed and astonished. LMAO Yeah, I can take some pictures at various stages of work. I take it the link is working properly now, does for me at least. I'll paint 'em after I get them trimmed up. Hmmm, I'll need to get a pinstriping brush then too.

JOAT

New User
Theo
Just came in from the shop. The first jig, and the thrid jig, work exactly as designed. The second jig works as designed, IF a lot of care, and time, are extended. In fact it takes so much time and attention that I would be far ahead in time, and peace of mind, to simply use the old jig, where I tack the piece in place and rout. And, if I go back to the old jig, that cancels any need for jig three. Drat. Bah! Humbug! I have the second jig in the house, and am studying it, to see if I can modify it, need to make a new jig, make a jig for each step (two jigs vs one), or just go back to the proven way to do it. Some you win, somes you lose, some get called off on account of rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS