Finished Project from the picnic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
So for those of you who got to see the unfinished Senior Airborne Jump Wings I made for my grandfather & for those of you who didn't get see it, here is the Finished piece! Its made of Cottonwood & I used a wood conditioner then pecan stain with a poly finish! My Grandfather Loves it!

SeniorJumpWings.JPG

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great looking project, Jonathan :eusa_clap
All the rounded edges are so smoooooth!
Did it require a lot of sanding?

Roger

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I saw it at the picnic and was impressed by the workmanship. Even more impressed now. Gret job and I know the old paratrooper really appreciates it. wonder how many jumps he made.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Well I showed my grandpa the piece before it was finished & told him I had alot of sanding to do so it would be perfectly smooth & he didn't want me to he wanted it the way it was he said he wanted it to look a little rugged & hand made not perfect like a machine made it! So if you look at it up close you can see alot of areas that look like they should be sanded but thats what he wanted so who am I to change that!

Great looking project, Jonathan :eusa_clap
All the rounded edges are so smoooooth!
Did it require a lot of sanding?

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wonderful work, Jonathan!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

You impressed the heck out o'me!!!!

That's some seriously beautiful carving, for sure....

Thanks for the pics and sharing the story.

Wayne

b4man

New User
Barbara
Of course he loves it! I had the privilege of seeing and touching it at the picnic. Finished result is awesome!:eusa_clap

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Oh WOW...saw it at picnic and really liked but finished it really pops. Great project.
Rita

bman

New User
barry
that is a awsome job AAA+++......i have been thinking of doing some carving myself..... did you do it with a power carver or all hand tools ?

very cool
barry

Nice Figures

New User
Sharon Barrett & Paula LaBelle
Well that brings back memories....I was airborne, stationed at Fort Bragg, 18th Airborne, many, many years ago. Nice work.

bitbight

New User
Ray
As an old Master Blaster myself, tell your Grandfather I am jealous as heck at his wings. Fantastic job and I understand why he likes them. I know what he went through to earn those Senior Wings. LOML saw them at the picnic, don't know how I missed them, thanks for posting them here for us to see.

Ray

sawduster

New User
Robert
Good job bro ....saw it at the pic-a-nic and was impressed then.
Looks really nice the way you finished it :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
That turned out absolutely stunning! It was sharp at the picnic, but the finished project is just fabulous! I know it's even more special because you made it for him.:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS