Finished our entertainment center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Can't really call it a wood working project since its MDF, more like a glue project. :rotflm:
Just MDF and a little oak for the glass tracks. Made it as 5 different modules so we can move it around. Only took one picture, didn't think MDF deserved any more, so that's all you get.:gar-Bi

Wes

IMG_8304.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Wes, that looks great to me, no matter what it's made out of. Nice work! :icon_thum

I made a few things out of mdf for the hotel I used to work at and it was not easy. :no:

21productionz

New User
David
I think it looks awesome. You did a great job, and should be proud of it. MDF is wood no matter what anyone tells you, and it's one of the most stable substrates you can use in a project, especially the project you used it on.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice job, Pardner, no matter what the materials.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I need to do the same thing.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Wes, good touch with the module design. easily relocatable, and if the sections end up in a different order, it still looks nice. The opaque glass makes it look like a high-dollar model.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Thanks everyone. The glass ended up costing more then everything else. 2 sheets of MDF, 8 legs from Ikea...Really good places to get stuff like that. And $100+ for the 4 glass panels with polished edges.

Back to Ikea, the one in Charlotte just opened this spring. The have all kinds of metal do-dads that are for a whole range to styles. I just when through there section of furniture and table feet and bought them cheap. I guess since most people are buying an entire couch they have to buy the legs too and they don't overcharge. I think a pair of the leveling feet was only like $8.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done Wes, as others have said MDF is just another form of wood. Thanks for the IKEA information I was not aware they sold such things. Now I just have to find a store less than a million miles away from rural southside VA. :rotflm:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The EC looks very nice to me. You've got a good eye for proportions and the craftsmanship looks good. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

dpanda

New User
Dan
Hey Wes,
You know some of the things I did 25 years ago are still being used in some form or another!
Maybe not for the original intended use but adapted for the times.
With the utility you built in into that unit, I'd bet you'll be using it for a long time!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS