Fine Woodworking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Definitely not fine woodworking but SWMBO wanted one so here it is. I (She) saw it in WoodCraft Magazine and had to have it. It's cypress with Marine Grade Varnish. I'm glad to get this one out of my shop as I could never get really into it. Has any one ever done a project like that?
283.JPG

View image in gallery

cpowell

New User
Chuck
A few years ago I made a pair of planters in western cedar, a project that I never got into much.

Didn't matter what I thought - LOML said she wanted them and she's the only LOML, so she got em! :gar-La; :gar-La;

They still sit on the front porch and she uses them for the intended purpose.

Hey - your piece looks good! Maybe it will give you brownie points for use later on. :gar-Bi

Chuck

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If that's what moma wanted , and is HAPPY:icon_cheers, then the odds of you being happy are greater:wink_smil. Nice looking potting bench

M

McRabbet

Larry, you should know that SWMBO's always have the perfect eye for fine woodworking -- you undoubtedly made her proud of your talents!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I actually like "practical" projects. For one, you get to actually enjoy the final product every day (or every weekend), and building them is like comfort food. Low stress. Plus, it will typically outlast anything bought from the store by 30-40 years. I plan to build some planters soon, and maybe some Adirondack chairs.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Larry if SWMBO is happy, then you are happy - which makes the woodworking --- well --- just fine !!!!:rotflm:

Seriously, looks great!

C.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
It's really a nice looking piece and I like the look of the cypress. Since I do a lot of potting up of cactus and the like, I would like a potting bench like that. Great job.

Red

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Larry,

That's a nice job. I like the flow-through top with the plastic tubs to catch and recycle all of that Miracle-Gro solution. It's a utilitarian project as BAS noted so it's a win-win for the entire family!
:eek:ccasion1

lawrence

New User
Larry
hello..being new to this forum I thought I could get my feet wet with a humble opinion. I think fine woodworking is attributed to the quality of the work more than the looks..after all the shakers arent considered hacks and they almost always kept it simple while on the other hand I have seen beautiful $3500.00 bedroom sets that wouldnt last a week if the humidity rose over 80%. oh and btw...that looks great and very usable...fine woodwork there friend:icon_cheers

sjack

New User
jack
I could use that planter. Great it's 105 outside and now you are making me head out to the shop. Thanks alot.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Definitely off topic, but I have wondered for a while what SWMBO stands for - would someone educate this old guy please? :cool: Thanks
TTFN,
Russ

M

McRabbet

Definitely not a woodworking term, Russ -- it is She Who Must Be Obeyed. :gar-Bi
Definitely off topic, but I have wondered for a while what SWMBO stands for - would someone educate this old guy please? :cool: Thanks
TTFN,
Russ

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Thanks, Rob, but I almost wish I didn't ask. I think I'll continue using LOML, mainly because it's more accurate, to me anyway.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
TTFN,
Russ
She Who Must Be Obeyed ( otherwise known as LOML, Wifey, Dearest among others:rotflm:) Russ you must not be old enough yet.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Larry,

Sheesh; I'm 62 and have been married to the LOML for 21 WONDERFUL years; 41 years total:gar-Bi and I wear the pants in my house; she told me I could...as long as I behaved :rotflm:
/signed,
Anonymous

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Russ,

You've got the right attitude and congrats on your wife putting up with you over many years. That's what makes families work over the long haul. A little give and take on the part of both parties.

However, step out of the SWMBO box and you'll be sleeping with the critters on a really hot, humid night. :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS